Can I use DroidX in Europe? (Greece)

grundei

Reaction score
I am going to Greece - Is there any functionality - other than using it as a list of contacts - while there? WI-FI?

Anyone have any experience or ideas?

thanks

yes you can use it on wifi only without any extra charges

Good question - can you access your contacts without first finding a wifi site, connecting, then logging into your gmail account?

yes you can. put phone in airplane mode and just turn on wifi, you'll basically have a laptop pc.

But I thought that my contacts were only out in the google 'cloud' and not stored on my phone, in which event not accessible while in airplane mode. No?

Which wi-fi phone app works on the Droid X? I know Vonage doesn't.

Google Voice uses wi-fi? I thought I used talk minutes when using Google Voice (unless set up with Friends and Family)...

I still wish Vonage would get a CDMA version set up. When I had my iPhone I always preferred Vonage over Skype for some reason.

Verizon does not allow Mobile Skype over wifi. Your GPS will not work outside the US either (hopefully they'll fix that in 2.2). Make sure you have UNCHECKED Data Roaming so you don't get any roaming data charges while travelling. Turn on Airplane mode as a precaution and select wifi...will work fine.

Back