Can I replace the camera flex cable on a Droid X? MB810

joe7dust

Reaction score
I recently had to replace the LCD and digitizer on my Droid X. Unfortunately it took about 10 rebuilds to get it working properly and in the process I managed to partly rip the camera flex cable and screw up the headphone jack.

I found a replacement jack for just $10, but the camera w/ flex cable I can only find on one collection of sites for over $70 after shipping. At this price, I will probably just buy a digital camera instead...

Just seeing if it is even possible to replace only the flex cable since the 8MP camera is actually FINE and is detected just shows black because one of the connections is severed due a slight tear.

edit: also if you can find a camera + cable on ebay or a different site that would also help. I hate buying things when I can only find it on 1 site and they get to freely rip me off. (several sites obviously owned by the same company)

OP
J

joe7dust

Reaction score
Is this the proper subforum? I wasn't sure if I should post here or somewhere else, or maybe a more tech-guy oriented forum altogether... please advise.