Can I really keep Unlimited Data?

deadernie

Reaction score
Since the Droid Turbo 2 I've been getting text from Verizon saying I qualify to upgrade my device on a payment plan.

When I tried to do so all went well until the website was trying to force me to pick a data plan. Contacted customer service and was told I have to wait until after Nov. 15th.

Tried yesterday and got the same result. Contacted customer service by phone and they said they'd help me with the order. I was then told there was a problem with their system and they couldn't place the order, and the issue will be resolved within 72 hours. I was told to try again later.

So is Verizon's claim of being able to upgrade on a payment plan and keep UD for real? Anybody here done it?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is anyone actually seeing the $20 on their plan when you log into your account? I'm still sitting at $29.99, but don't think it has taken effect yet.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Should be on bills thar are generated after November15th (I believe) from what I understand. Should be on my next bill in December.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Should be on bills thar are generated after November15th (I believe) from what I understand. Should be on my next bill in December.

Right, but shouldn't "my plan" in the system show $49.99 for data? Or maybe it doesn't happen until your first FULL bill cycle after Nov 15

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My bill is already showing as more expensive but isn't due till the 26th. But I was told by a vzw rep that all of my unlimited lines can now be upgraded on a payment plan...I froze like a deer in the headlights. Thinking of course that they will wave an upgrade in our faces and that we will sign a contract and the fine print will say we lose unlimited after that 2 years or something.. Idk just really suspicious of some of Verizons motives.

I am however looking into it.. I may try it on my work line (note edge) but I dknt know of anything that will compete with it IMHO.. It was the best edge device released thus far..then it kinda fell into a gimmick and lost a lot of edge functionality..

I was told that I need to wait until after December the 8th to upgrade though..

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
I was told I couldn't upgrade until after Nov. 15th. But that has not worked either.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what is the latest on this? My first gen Moto X is on its last legs. The battery blows chunks (literally, I am getting hit with shrapnel as I type this!), and frequently incoming calls will cause the UI to freeze forcing a reboot of the phone.

I am betwen the Prim (just like the look of it!) and the S7 Edge.

However, I don't want to lose unlimited. I could buy it outright but would prefer the no interest payment plan, as long as I get to keep unlimited data. Like the rest of you if I try to do this on the website it forces me to pick a new plan. Will I have more luck in a retail location? I can run over to Best Buy at lunch.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Verizon's website should allow you to "keep existing plan". If not, log onto the site as you normally would, open up a chat session with Verizon and explain what you want to do, they'll walk you through the process, and you can save your chat log in case you lose your UDP. win/win

S5 tap'n

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So what is the latest on this? My first gen Moto X is on its last legs. The battery blows chunks (literally, I am getting hit with shrapnel as I type this!), and frequently incoming calls will cause the UI to freeze forcing a reboot of the phone.

I am betwen the Prim (just like the look of it!) and the S7 Edge.

However, I don't want to lose unlimited. I could buy it outright but would prefer the no interest payment plan, as long as I get to keep unlimited data. Like the rest of you if I try to do this on the website it forces me to pick a new plan. Will I have more luck in a retail location? I can run over to Best Buy at lunch.
Someone just posted over the last few days that when he went to BB he lost his unlimited. I assume this is because of their crappy system that doesn't truly use Verizon's system to activate. I recommend either going directly to Corp Verizon, or to Costco if you can. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that either place won't eff it up, but I have been able to keep a few people's unlimited in tact and I work in Costco. In fact I have someone coming in Mon to upgrade with unlimited. Most important thing is to make sure that you are paying the $49.99 for unlimited, and never so the 2yr contract. Also be sure to tell the salesperson that whatever they do, DO NOT adjust the plan in any way, shape, or form.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think if you order online any phone other than Sammie or IPhone, just pop your old sim into the new phone BEFORE powering up and you should be good.

Reactions: cr6

wcjeep

Reaction score
I lost my Unlimited through Best Buy. Returned everything. Restored Unlimited Data. I had to go to a corporate Verizon Store. We have a family GPS locate program for my daughters dumb phone. This program caused lots of problems for the Verizon computer system. Delete/remove the Family Locater. Upgrade to new S7's. Then reinstall the Verizon family locate app. The process took some time. The new S7 camera is really nice and very fast to launch.