Can I get rid of the camera noise?

kimisizer

Reaction score
Hello, I owned a LG Dare before I got my Droid X. On my Dare, when I set it to silent mode, all sounds were silent. However, when I make the Droid X silent, the camera still makes a sound when it takes a picture. Is there any way to silence this noise? It's getting annoying and I would like to know if I can mute it. Thanks!

OP
K

kimisizer

Reaction score
Ok all I want to know is if you can mute the "da-da" noise that happens whenever you take a picture

Technoman

Reaction score
Hello, I owned a LG Dare before I got my Droid X. On my Dare, when I set it to silent mode, all sounds were silent. However, when I make the Droid X silent, the camera still makes a sound when it takes a picture. Is there any way to silence this noise? It's getting annoying and I would like to know if I can mute it. Thanks!

Can anyone help me out?

Ok all I want to know is if you can mute the "da-da" noise that happens whenever you take a picture

Thanks for all the help. I figured this out.

Really? Your first post was at 7:05, and then 3 more in 30 minutes.
This is a forum, and not a chat channel. If you are asking for help, allow people time to respond before you start chaining on your posts with the battering of help requests.

This is a very good forum with a lot of helpful people, but the first thing to learn is forum etiquette. You are more likely to get assistance if you ask, and then allow time for responses and then tell people thank you for the help.

Glad you were able to figure out your question on your own. Enjoy the forum and I hope you get all the help you ask for.

OP
K

kimisizer

Reaction score

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for all the help. I figured this out.

Really? Your first post was at 7:05, and then 3 more in 30 minutes.
This is a forum, and not a chat channel. If you are asking for help, allow people time to respond before you start chaining on your posts with the battering of help requests.

This is a very good forum with a lot of helpful people, but the first thing to learn is forum etiquette. You are more likely to get assistance if you ask, and then allow time for responses and then tell people thank you for the help.

Glad you were able to figure out your question on your own. Enjoy the forum and I hope you get all the help you ask for.

I understand. I was just frustrated that everyone was posting on every post but mine. Usually people reply within ten minutes of a post. I guess my issue was just not a common one.

Purple Knight

Reaction score
The camera shutter noise exists as a security feature that is contracted in most phones. There was no shutter sound when camera phones first came out. While standing in line at stores, people were pretending to be texting while actually taking the picture of people's credit cards. The shutter noise was introduced to prevent this. So there is often not an option.

That being said, certain ROMs will allow you to turn off the sound.

schrajw

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you can also just delete the sound file(s). I found them to be so annoying, especially since you can't adjust the volume.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snodog

Reaction score
If you purchase the app 'Audio Manager' from the Android Market you can silence the camera focus 'beep'. The apps give you total control over the audio functions of all things DROID on your device and allows you save sound profiles for your various configurations and even create icon 'shortcut's to those profile settings.

No I do not get paid money for the commercial, nor am I affilated with the product in any way...I just like the way it works :)

squintter

Reaction score
I use quick settings and under volume control you can adjust system volume to 0

Jale

Reaction score
If you purchase the app 'Audio Manager' from the Android Market you can silence the camera focus 'beep'. ...
I tried that app but didn't find a way to silence the camera focus sound. Which control do you use?

travisn000

Reaction score
I tried disabling the "audible touch tones" and "audible selection" under the Sound Settings and it fixed the issue.

this method worked for me... when the boxes are unchecked the camera sounds will mute when in silent mode (but still work if not in silent mode)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always wonder about people who want to disable the noise on the camera……

Just kidding I'm sure you're find upstanding citizens and you have a legitimate reason for not letting that blond know you're taking her picture.:D