Can I get music from droid to car speakers

torokfam

Reaction score
I have an 08 chevy that does not have a little imput hole, nor a usb imput. It does have a Aux/cd function button. Is there a way I can play my music over the car speakers

lowboy

Reaction score
If the radio has RCA imputes on the back of the unit. Then you could buy a "Y" and mount it that way. I did that in a Dakota I have. Works fine.

A "Y" would have two male RCAs on one end and a Male 3.5 on the other end.

bonzomatic

Reaction score
A lot of factory systems do have an aux input that you can tap into. I would recommend taking it to a good car stereo shop and ask them if yours does. They can usually install something for not much money.

I think you'll be really happy if you do it. I've been using Pandora in my car and I'm blown away at how good it sounds.

You can also try an FM transmitter. Not the best quality, but it's an easy option.

lowboy

Reaction score
A lot of factory systems do have an aux input that you can tap into. I would recommend taking it to a good car stereo shop and ask them if yours does. They can usually install something for not much money.

I think you'll be really happy if you do it. I've been using Pandora in my car and I'm blown away at how good it sounds.

You can also try an FM transmitter. Not the best quality, but it's an easy option.

Why go to a stereo place and let them charge you $50 an hour. It would take them 2 hours or better just to do what you can do in an hour max.
The "Y" would cost no more than $5.

Taking out a stereo out is more intimidating than it really is.
Why can a thief take a stereo in less than 5 min. Cause it's so simple to remove them now days.

mikehal38

Reaction score
My truck has a tape player and I got one of the tapes with the 3.5 on the end. It works great. Thats if you have a tape player of course.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
My truck has a tape player and I got one of the tapes with the 3.5 on the end. It works great. Thats if you have a tape player of course.

I have the same, picked it up for a couple bucks.

wierdo124

Reaction score
I bought a $40 stereo with an aux input. I had no experience with audio. If you can read a schematic then no problem

Sent from my etch a sketch

Taegost

Reaction score

I have the same, picked it up for a couple bucks.

That's what I use for now, until I get a new car... Went digging through my old box of audio stuff and found the one I used to use with my Walkman back when I was a teenager in my first car :)

joseserna08

Reaction score
There's a couple things you can do. If you don't wanna replace your factory radio, and it has aux on the controls, you can buy a fm modulator. This connects where the antenna goes in the stereo. You then connnect the antenna to it. It has a plug that allows you to connect a 3.5mm jack to it. You could use a fm transmitter, but depending on your location, reception could be spotty. Fm modulator is the best of those two options, but they cost a little more. Install is also more advanced, since you have to pull the radio out. Second option would be to install a radio that has usb/bluetooth/auxiliary input built in. I don't know your budget or if you know how to install yourself, but its really easy. Depending on your car, autozone has vehicle repair guides online. Step by step instructions are real easy to follow. Crutchfield.com is also real helpful. Hope this helps you.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
If i use the 12$ Wally World fm transmiter, will it work with Pandora or only with my personal audio files. If it works with Pandora, Can you say...goodbye satalite radio!!!! Love to get rid of that payment.

joseserna08

Reaction score
Yeah it works with any audio source coming from phone.

leakim13

Reaction score
I jam out to pandora or music. both work fine. I am eyeing a new deck but this is a cheap working stop gap solution. I'm satisfied.

Sent from the Great North Woods

DroidCoug

Reaction score
FM transmitter works with personal mp3's, pandora, slacker, even the nfl mobile app. I use the nfl mobile app to listen to football games on sundays when i'm driving.