can i get an early upgrade?

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
I have a droid and best buy now has a free incredible. My plan isn't over until 5/9/11. And I guess they are stopping the 13-20 month early upgrade shortly. Does this make me eligable for the free incredible at best buy?

wikkdwarrior

Reaction score
Dude...really? Why would u wanna trade ur OG droid for an incredible?..unless however u mean, incredible HD which i cannot fathom would b free! Lol. DROID DOES!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your base plan is 49.99 or more (not including texting or data) then you should have the annual upgrade available to you still.

If your plan doesn't meet that requirement, you'd have to call CS and ask if they'd do that for you.

Other than that, at 20 months (of your 24mo. contract) you're available to upgrade.

Personally, I wouldn't switch to the Inc from the OG Droid, you won't notice much of a difference other then Sense UI's overlay. Plus CES is on the 6th of this month and they'll be announcing new devices.... might as well wait :)

OP
N

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
I hate my (og?) Droid. I want an 8mp cam and 1ghz processor phone since I'm flat broke id like the free one.idk if account holder matters? I'm on my grandmothers plan.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate my (og?) Droid. I want an 8mp cam and 1ghz processor phone since I'm flat broke id like the free one.idk if account holder matters? I'm on my grandmothers plan.

account holder doesn't matter, but the price plan for the line your device is on does matter. It needs to meet that requirement to be able to upgrade before the 20 months.

btw - 'OG' = Original.

OP
N

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
<no job or cash. Yeah I know all about those, I just want the best free android. My friends have the inc so I know I like it. I hate my droid. If I was to post it for trade in the classifiedd section people would think I'm a joke. Droid for an incredible straight up.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
<no job or cash. Yeah I know all about those, I just want the best free android. My friends have the inc so I know I like it. I hate my droid. If I was to post it for trade in the classifiedd section people would think I'm a joke. Droid for an incredible straight up.

You might be surprised, Craigslist can work wonders :)

btw, no buy/sell/trade posts here on the forums.... just an fyi :)

OP
N

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
The account holder lives 1500 miles away will I be able to do this without them bugging her? (She don't like the calls cause my grandfather doesn't know I'm on her plan)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any chances to an account needs the account holder's permission/approval.

So you can't call and do it without VZW speaking to the account holder (your grand mother)

OP
N

Nickdroid86

Reaction score
I wonder if best buy is the same way. They didn't need her when I returned my phone for the droid x back then when I had it. Best buy is who I deal with.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if best buy is the same way. They didn't need her when I returned my phone for the droid x back then when I had it. Best buy is who I deal with.

I don't know... I have always purchased directly thru VZW so I have no experience with Best Buy.

Worth a shot though... worst they can say is no. :)

wikkdwarrior

Reaction score
Y don't u try rooting ur droid...u might find that u'll enjoy it a lot more than u thought. Nutthin u cn do bout the camera. The Inc. HD (thunderbolt?) however, is really makin me put forth much consideration into an upgrade based solely on the fact that it has 1080p video capture

wikkdwarrior

Reaction score
Really...and u still hate it??? Y?