can i forward iphone notifications to my android?

geowilkins

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lgg3
have an iphone4 (yuck) for work. biggest frustration in my day. my personal phone is an lgg3. use it whenever possible.
anyway, what i am ultimately trying to do is

forward notifications from texts, good email (maybe end up loading on lg in the end) and if possible, forwarding the number and/or contact info for incoming phone calls on iphone TO my lgg3, then getting smartwatch and having those forwarded notifications plus the ones from android to show up on watch.

reason being i get so many notifications, calls, texts, etc. between the two phones and they are together in my pocket and i am usually working on equipment and would be nice to have one point of notification without having to stop what i am doing, move to a position to get which ever phone it ringing, dinging or vibrating out of my pocket only to find out i could have let it go till later.then i could turn the volume on iphone to so low you cant hear it as well.

i see apps to do the opposite way, as in android to iphone, but that is going backwards to a POS phone and do do ios. why people go gaga over iphone is beyond me.

as far as my research goes, smart watches can only be paired to one device at a time, requiring factory reset to switch phones.

thanks in advance for any insight into this.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Welcome, just out of curiosity what kind of equipment do you work on?

Could you just set the iPhone to actually forward calls and messages to the G3's number? Perhaps set the email account up on the G3? Not sure what other notifications you would need......

Now there may be charges incurred for forwarding calls. Depends on the carriers settings...

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Try this app on your iPhone from iTunes for texts?
184357924d9c7ddcb01d5206570baccc.jpg

I'd also suggest as others have to just forward your calls using your carriers method and set your email app on the G3 to get notifications for your mail.
Setting up a smartwatch to get notified from the G3 is pretty easy and painless
Hope that helps
Oh. Edit; I found this on Apple site for how to forward your calls

Turning On Call Forwarding
This will forward all inbound calls to the number you specify, it lasts until the feature has been turned off.

Open Settings and choose “Phone”
Tap “Call Forwarding” and flip to ON In the text field box, enter the phone number you want to forward all incoming calls to
Tap back and exit out of Settings for changes to take effect. Unquote

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seems to me like the forwarding of the text messages would be the hardest part of this proposition.

You've been given some good advice here, but I'm curious...Have you asked if your company has a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy? If they'd let you use your personal phone, you could save yourself the hassle of doing all of this. Every employer and IT department is different, but it never hurts to ask.