Can I disable the OTA update reminder?

Reaction score
So it seems there was an update last night (6.12.173.en.US). I haven't installed it yet but my phone keeps reminding me to do so.

I do not wish to update yet. Is there a way to suppress the reminder?

One of the reasons I do not wish to update is because I was reading a web forum thread that mentioned more cons than pros to the update, such as LED functions gone, certain things no longer working, and other miscellaneous features removed. Maybe this isn't actually the case, which would be great. Until I know for sure, though, I don't want to update... but I don't want to be bugged about it every couple of hours either.

I also didn't update because I don't want to lose root. However I just discovered that there is something called "Voodoo Rootkeeper" or something that can fix that. Still, unless I can find enough people saying that the update does more good than bad, I'd rather not update.

OP
V
Reaction score
Think you need to freeze Blur Updater

There is no Blur Updater listed when I open the Bloatware Freezer. Does it go by any other names?

EDIT: Wait, there IS a listing called just "Updater", and its package name is com.motorola.blur.updater. I suspect this is what you're talking about. I'll go ahead and freeze that and see if the reminder comes back in a few hours. Also, I do hope freezing this will not cause any problems with other areas of the system, but I just did a backup last night so I'll take the chance.

I'll let you know if it works.

Last edited: