can i change the text notification sound?

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
as of right now when i recieve a text my phone goes "DROID" BUT I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED THE starwars sounds APP and i wanna switch the DROID SOUND to the R2D2 SOUND THAT I HAVE WHEN I GET A EMAIL notification

mjs31

Reaction score
as of right now when i recieve a text my phone goes "DROID" BUT I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED THE starwars sounds APP and i wanna switch the DROID SOUND to the R2D2 SOUND THAT I HAVE WHEN I GET A EMAIL notification

Why of course you can....open messaging then click the menu button on the bottom (one with the lines). Go into settings and scroll down...bingo.

There are also apps to do all kinds of things. I have one where you can create your own vibrate and make it any length.

OP
johnnypopoff

johnnypopoff

Reaction score
thanks dude...what would really be hot if i can change each notification based on different contacts..

pdm0376

Reaction score
Yeah I need apps if any where you can set different sounds for different apps. Like I would love to have a different sound for email, messages and apps...not all the same tone..this way I know what I'm getting and to look or not.

styx

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would want to change that. That's one of the coolest things about the phone. :)

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Yeah I need apps if any where you can set different sounds for different apps. Like I would love to have a different sound for email, messages and apps...not all the same tone..this way I know what I'm getting and to look or not.

You can go into the settings of each application, and it usually will have notification settings. You can customize the tone for each app in here.

pdm0376

Reaction score
Wow, I installed that Handcent app and it shut my phone down and when I powered it up, it was slooooow as molasses. Application deleted after that experience. Plus I see it costs $$ to send sms messages with this app.

Last edited:

crf450

Reaction score
I have the d2 global. Where can I find the notification That says droid. I looked but came up with nothing

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I installed that Handcent app and it shut my phone down and when I powered it up, it was slooooow as molasses. Application deleted after that experience.
Something's not right with your device. There are countless Droid owners that use Handcent without that issue.

Plus I see it costs $$ to send sms messages with this app.
No, the install is warning you that sending and receiving SMS can cost you money (if you don't have a messaging plan). You'd get that warning for any SMS app that sends and receives messages via your carrier.