Can I add the Droid sound to Rezound

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I just got my Rezound yesterday, still on the fence about it. I have always had Motorola androids and one thing I miss for sure is hearing Drooooid when I get a text.

How can I add this to the Rezound I can't seem to figure it out. I'm not a tech buff so I need help with something that should be so simple.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
With a file manager create the following folders in your SD card:

media>notifications

Drop the DROID sound in there, and it should be selectable from the sounds menu.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Where do I get the Droid sound?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The app Zedge has several versions of the "Droooiiiddd" sound available...you can use one of them and then it will show up under Zedge Ringtones once you download it for you to use.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I can only get it to apply to emails not text messages.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How are you applying?

I am using GO SMS and if I download the "Droid" sound from the Zedge Ringtone section (not notification) and then open up GO SMS and select settings - notification - ringtone - select music and it shows up there. I am not sure on applying to the Stock SMS app as I don't use that one.

However, you can also apply it phone settings - sound - notifications and select "zedge ringtones" and it will apply to all notification sounds (you should be able to adjust the notification alert on individual apps that have that built into their settings if you do not want the Droid sound)...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The app Zedge has several versions of the "Droooiiiddd" sound available...you can use one of them and then it will show up under Zedge Ringtones once you download it for you to use.

Thanks for the tip about Zedge. I was able to get a much "cleaner" version of "Droooiiiddd" with it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
also make sure the permissions are set appropriately (644, i.e. rw-r--r--) once you drop it in that folder

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I started having the calling and data issues on the Nexus I hoped I could avoid, and now I found out I can only exchange once and I'm stuck with the Nexus for two years. I hope rooting will fix my issues, but for you guys wondering about your Rezound purchase, keep it. The Rezound is a solid phone and I made a mistake exchanging it for the Nexus.