Can droid x from bankrupt company be used on another carrier

Reaction score
Question,

My former company went bankrupt and I had a company phone which I never used, but it was activated, so I tried to swap numbers through Verizon since my Droid was going whacki, but I did not have password on old company account, so they couldn't swap phones. So rather than waste a new Droid, can I activate it on another carrier? Any ideas would be great, I hate to have a new phone sitting around doing nothing.

Thanks,

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You'd have to call the other carrier. My guess is it's now a bad ESN though

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured this would eventually happen if a balance was due on Verizon account, but I don't know how long they wait before they lock ESN on phone.

Regards,

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'd have to call the other carrier. My guess is it's now a bad ESN though

The bad ESN will only follow that company, and its subsidiaries. For example, if it's a VZW phone, it won't work on VZW or Page Plus.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Sometimes if you have a balance on an account you can still swap phones. In this case I would take the phone into Verizon and see what they can do. Even though you don't have the password for the account they may be able to swap if that account is closed. Just because the company went bankrupt doesn't mean they have an outstanding balance.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC