can anyone help?

vdoubleu04

Reaction score
why cant you change the name of a contact once it has been sync'd with facebook, is there any way to just have their first name or just there last name instead of having both like it has on facebook???

rlb

Reaction score
why cant you change the name of a contact once it has been sync'd with facebook, is there any way to just have their first name or just there last name instead of having both like it has on facebook???

Only thing I can think of...Did you uncheck the facebook sync after you initial contact sync w/ facebook? If its still turned on, try turning it off.

Home>Settings>Accounts and Sync If the symbol is green its on

droidfanboy

Reaction score
i wish i knew i have run into the problem off not being able to sync me contacts that i already have installed in the phone with their respective facebook accounts

OP
V

vdoubleu04

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of...Did you uncheck the facebook sync after you initial contact sync w/ facebook? If its still turned on, try turning it off.

Home>Settings>Accounts and Sync If the symbol is green its on

dang i was hoping that was going to work...but it still wont let me change their names, it will only keep there first and last name like it appears on facebook...

protwizz

Reaction score
I was able to change the names of my contacts by going into gmail and editing the information under "My Contacts". it took a short time to sync but once it did all was good.

OP
V

vdoubleu04

Reaction score
I was able to change the names of my contacts by going into gmail and editing the information under "My Contacts". it took a short time to sync but once it did all was good.
Did you have your contacts sync'd with facebook? Mine still wont change...