Camera?

pilot25

Reaction score
Well, all the reviews that have come in say the camera is useless. This isn't a deal breaker for me but very disappointing. I was hoping the 5MPs on it would allow me to not bring the real camera along when I go special places with my child.

What say you?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They aren't saying the camera is worthless, just that the software controlling it right now is not the best, but the good thing about that is they can always release patches.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, all the reviews that have come in say the camera is useless. This isn't a deal breaker for me but very disappointing. I was hoping the 5MPs on it would allow me to not bring the real camera along when I go special places with my child.

What say you?

I'm not sure "useless" is the correct word. I also am taking a wait and see appraoch on it. I've seen some of the pics and they were ok. This also can be adjusted or modifed with a patch or software update in the future :)

Zippster

Reaction score
Most reviews while not exactly saying useless, they were saying QUITE disappointing, which isnt too far off, most also note though that they feel a software update will/can more than likely fix the issues.

Neofite

Reaction score
yeah, i was really hoping the camera would be great out of the box. It sounds like most of the problems with it will be fixed with software updates.

19thumper76

Reaction score
my samsung omnia also has a 5mp camera and it sucks too from what i understand its a software problem that samsung dose not care to fix. some of the european rom guys have fixed it for them but it doesnt work on the verizon version, may be its the same for the droid.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
See the other thread about the camera clicking.... It's hardware not software.

I new there was something to every review saying the camera sucked....

Every time a new "great" tech gadget comes out there is always a major flaw with it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I hope it's not long before they fix it. With this being advertised alot more towards the customer base, i would think they should be on top of this as soon as possible.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
See the other thread about the camera clicking.... It's hardware not software.

I new there was something to every review saying the camera sucked....

Every time a new "great" tech gadget comes out there is always a major flaw with it.

The camera clicking is hardware related, but the inability to focus at times is software related. Everyone just needs to check the camera function for the clicking problem before leaving the store on Friday. The software issues will be addressed soon with an update hopefully.