Camera?

ntimid8r

Reaction score
man, you looked so depressed and skeptical! The updates will be coming in 2 weeks, maybe? Until then be happy and don't worry! Best of all, Motorola know about it and they'll comes with a fix and if it is a mechanical issue then we are in big ???????!!!!!! I'll be going into hiding.LOL' In the meantime
icon_%20banana.gif

@ ntimid8r
:icon_ laughup:
I'm not depressed about it....I'll take it back to Costco if the update doesn't fix the problem. Just don't want to deal with returning the device and all that....:painkiller:

It's all gooooood!:beer2:

ntimid8r

Reaction score
The clicking is not mechanical. Mine does it as well. I personally think the camera is pretty good in comparison to past phone cameras I had and its comparable to my 7mp Sony Cybershot. The issue that is causing the negative press is the software autofocus which is one of their top priorities in fixing.
Yeah...the camera is taking great pics and have no issue with focusing. Just makes that bone chilling "click, click, click" sound when I activate the camera.
:eek:

n0cturne74

Reaction score
The clicking is not mechanical. Mine does it as well. I personally think the camera is pretty good in comparison to past phone cameras I had and its comparable to my 7mp Sony Cybershot. The issue that is causing the negative press is the software autofocus which is one of their top priorities in fixing.
Yeah...the camera is taking great pics and have no issue with focusing. Just makes that bone chilling "click, click, click" sound when I activate the camera.
:eek:

Yea that clicking is normal. It even does it when I open barcode scanner. I haven't had any issues with the autofocus either and I've taken quite a few pics so far.

bergdev

Reaction score
There's a lot more to a camera than the number of pixels. Software issues aside, the real limitation to this (and any other cell phone camera) is the optics. For crying out loud, have you taken a look at the lens? It's teeny. The sheer number of photons entering the device is just small, except in the best of lighting conditions (sunny day, etc.).

That said, the phone compensates by increasing the sensitivity of the sensor (ISO) to make it more efficient at capturing the few photons that are available. But the drawback to this is a noisier/grainier image.

If you want great pictures, don't use a cell phone, any cell phone. If you want to conveniently take pictures without having to lug around your camera, the Droid is OK.

jeremz

Reaction score
Guys, have you tried cleaning the lens? I know it's ridiculous, but it solved my focusing problem, and many others.

danagudo

Reaction score
Yes, camera is VERY POOR

The camera is not exactly useless, but VERY poor. While the flash is bright, I can't take a decent flash picture. Timing of flash and prior light dont work together, and picture is out of focus and not brightly lit.
Also camera is quirky: it freezes, and doesn't open often at first.
Menu doesn't open often, so can't change settings, or even leave camera for a long time. This is just TERRIBLE. I'll hope that the January OTA will improve/fix it, or I'll just carry a separate camera, defeating a major reason for Droid.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The camera is not exactly useless, but VERY poor. While the flash is bright, I can't take a decent flash picture. Timing of flash and prior light dont work together, and picture is out of focus and not brightly lit.
Also camera is quirky: it freezes, and doesn't open often at first.
Menu doesn't open often, so can't change settings, or even leave camera for a long time. This is just TERRIBLE. I'll hope that the January OTA will improve/fix it, or I'll just carry a separate camera, defeating a major reason for Droid.

I would suggest you have soomething wrong happening with your Droid. I have none of these issues.

cyber3d

Reaction score
Here is a pic from my Droid. Best I've seen from a phone/camera.

Faaastjedi2000

Reaction score
I have taken very good pics with mine. I don't know of the problems that are being claimed.
I had a couple of low light pics of Christmas lights on homes that had a hard time focusing.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I just downloaded Pro Zoom Camera 5x, it has zoom and a grain-remover. $2 on the market

ebe3692

Reaction score
my biggest complaint is the shutter lag moreso than the picture quality. i have a ton a pics showing a blurry aftermath of the event I was trying to capture.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? ITS A 5MP CAMERA NOT A DSLR! Haha, you can only expect so much from it. I for one am happy with it and like someone said earlier they can always make better programs and patches.

Wagner :motdroidvert: