Camera Settings Button gone

gingin523

Reaction score
Recently my Droid works differently than it did. I was able to find a settings button for my camera and change it from color to black and white, or sepia or blue. I can no longer even FIND a settings button on my menu bar. The option buttons are now located on the camera screen and are very small. The zoom button on the screen goes from 1 to 4 and it is annoying. I used to be able to just touch an up or down arrow on the bottom of the screen to zoom. I loved taking black and white photos with my camera, and now I can't do it. Does anyone know why the camera and the "look" of my screens have all changed? Especially the one on the camera.

lrgb

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and I just figured it out. I hope this solves your problem, too. First, there was an update to our phones a couple of days ago... I received a message stating that fact on my phone. Maybe that is when things changed. My problem was that all of a sudden I was ONLY able to get Black and White and had NO options for color photos. FINALLY, out of desperation I thought to try switching to the video mode, and I checked in that menu. Found it! Click on the tiny option button first from the top (when camera/phone is held sideways, or rightmost side if camera is held upright like a phone). There were eight color options!! And the first one, "none" means normal, or color. Mono is second, which is black and white. Then come the rest of the choices. No idea why one has to go to the video mode to change the options. But once again I am getting color photos! Please let me know if this solves your problem... hope it helps.

OP
G

gingin523

Reaction score
it worked!

Thanks so much! That is where those settings were! Strange they didn't put those color options on the camera too. I actually found a really great camera app that has a lot of different styles of photos you can take (miirored images, andy Warhol style, fishtank and more. It was a free app, which was a bonus! Thanks again for your help!

lrgb

Reaction score
Yay!

:yahoo:I'm so glad it worked for you! Thanks for letting me know. That app you found sounds great! I'll have to look for it!

k9cachers

Reaction score
The settings I'm still looking for are for the different scenes - night, sunset, landscape, etc. Does anyone know if they have gotten rid of those options, or do I just not know where to look for them.
Thanks.

JimmyD

Reaction score
The settings I'm still looking for are for the different scenes - night, sunset, landscape, etc. Does anyone know if they have gotten rid of those options, or do I just not know where to look for them.
Thanks.

It's available. It took me a few minutes to find it, but it's in there.

In the Camera mode, click on the TOP settings icon (looks like a little round dial icon).

When the menu pops up, it will say: Focus mode..., Exposure..., etc.

NOTICE HOW THERE'S A LITTLE VERTICAL SCROLL BAR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THAT POP UP MENU?!?! ;)

Scroll the menu UP and you will these additional settings in the same menu:

Scene mode
Picture size
Picture quality
Color effect
Camera settings

I hope this helps! :)

JimmyD

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and I just figured it out...........
.........No idea why one has to go to the video mode to change the options......

Thanks so much! That is where those settings were! Strange they didn't put those color options on the camera too.......

Hey folks... :)

Check out my reply just above this one! The Color settings ARE located in the Camera too, not just in the Video area!

You need to scroll the menu up in the first (top) camera settings icon!

I hope this helps! dancedroid

lrgb

Reaction score
Excellent!

Wow! Thanks JimmyD! That makes more sense that they would also have it in the camera mode! :icon_ banana: Thanks for figuring it out! I see now that there are a ton of options!

townieone

Reaction score
Mucho mahalos!!!

Thank you all of you!!!

I was freaking out while trying to take a picture of a golden sunset when all of a sudden the viewfinder was in B&W!!!!

I missed the sunset, but I'm very grateful my phone isn't broken. You see, last night my Droid fell into a nice big 20oz cup of Heineken at the stadium and I thought my phone was shorting out. (dried it out with a DampRid tub and a 1 gal ziplock bag.)

gottadroid2

Reaction score
No Camera Settings

Can someone please help me. I don't have the settings described in the previous posts. I set mine to sepia one day for a couple photos and now can't get back to that settings menu!
HELP!
Thank you. :icon_eek:

townieone

Reaction score
No Camera Settings

Switch your camera to video mode. Touch the top "button" on the screen which should allow you to change from sepia.