Camera Problems

ReadNotReed2007

Reaction score
The other day I was takin pictures and it was workin fine. Then all of the sudden I took a picture, and it took like regular, but when it shifted it from the viewfinder window to the thumbnail in the upper right corner, it was just a black image. When you go to find the pic in the gallery its just a blank tile.

Now when I take a picture it just takes like regular, but the camera freezes up with the picture still on the screen. Anyone know whats up?

Don't know what to tell you, it sounds like a software failure, but if it's not then your in trouble. I'd try wiping the phone then see if it fixes it. If that is not a viable option for you can go to the Verizon store and request a new one, and wait one to four weeks for a new one. Good Luck!

I'm rooted and run a FROYO 2.2 rom. My camera has settings on the right of the screen. When you tap a window opens and you can scroll. Check to see if you may have changed something. I'm not a big camera user so my suggestion may not provide the solution.

Let us know how you resolve.

Mike

Camera and 2.2

The other day I was takin pictures and it was workin fine. Then all of the sudden I took a picture, and it took like regular, but when it shifted it from the viewfinder window to the thumbnail in the upper right corner, it was just a black image. When you go to find the pic in the gallery its just a blank tile.

Now when I take a picture it just takes like regular, but the camera freezes up with the picture still on the screen. Anyone know whats up?

I'm having the same problem since upgrading to 2.2. The image file looks to save but saves it as a size of 0 bytes.

SAME THING IS HAPPENEING TO ME. i was in ceramics class today and wanted to take a pic of my masterpiece lol :B so i wiped out my moto droid 1 and snapped 3 pics. when i wanted to see them i clicked on the thumb tab on the top right to view it but it was black. just black.

thought that was wierd so i went to the gallery and was like ok... all 3 pics were black too. then i went on and tested it again with 5!! more pics and same thing. surfed the web and pple were saying connect it to ur pc and see if it finds anything. soo i did taht and it found the pics, but they r blanks. 0 bytes... just a blank, not even black. i updated to 2.2 a week ago and havnt had to use the camera since so i think 2.2 ****ed me over. i would really like to get any advice on wat to do. im willing to return the phone but it is really inconvientent becuase i am in college and have no real transportation.

help preeeze?

From my experience, the camera problem was related to the first use of the camera after the 2.2 upgrade. After I had the camera problem, I restarted my phone and everything is working fine again.

I also noticed that Google Goggles (which also uses the camera) was not working correctly until the restart.

this might explain why I have a folder in my gallery named data with a black photo in it. wondered where that came from.

um, i want to say thanks but ive previously restarted my phone 2x due to pandora....so that wont fix it :\ thanks to

errr wtf. droid has a mind of its own. i jsut went to test the camera again and it just worked...................................................................................

even though my restarts were b4 the initial problems....

Back