Camera pictures not saving

gallasm

Reaction score
I updated to Cyanogenmod 6 RC3 and noticed my camera would not save pictures. The camera app still worked, the pictures would take, but the picture would just be all black in the gallery. I've since switched to Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.4 but the camera still won't save pictures. Is anyone else having this issue? And if so, is there a fix out there? Thanks in advance for any help...

shocka2430

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my camera. But my actual camera after I take the picture will freeze too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shocka2430

Reaction score
I took a logcat of my phone after i tried the camera to see if it would help.

shocka2430

Reaction score
I went to the irc and they told me to file a bug report. But if this guy is having the same problem on cmod then I don't think it's rom related. I have a better logcat that is just the errors and I'm seeing alot of media server died so I've beern googling to see if anybody had this problem before. Thanks for the advice if all else fails I may just file a bug report. Kinda sux not having a camera.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree about the camera. If you find a solution would you please share so that others who may have the same problem will know how to resolve.

Mike

shocka2430

Reaction score
So here's what I have tried to no avail: I booted into clockwork recovery and made a backup, then I formated everything but my sd card, then installed sapphire and the gapps and rebooted. And the camera is still broke. I dont get it takes a picture then it's like it freezes on saving it. You can look around with the camera for a sec then it freezes up. So i'm lost here is there anything more i could do or is this hardware specific?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
In view of what you already tried, I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

Mike

shocka2430

Reaction score
Any way to take it back to factory, then i can just reroot and all that and check it?

shocka2430

Reaction score
Thought of something else i'm going to try b4 i do anything drastic, will report back.

shocka2430

Reaction score
So i've formatted everything and it still dont work. I've been messing a little with it and here is what i'm seeing, when you turn the camera on you can look at everything with no freezing, you take a picture and can still look then it will freeze after a few secs. The video camera is freezing when you try to look around, so i'm guessing the video camera is most of the problem. I've downloaded other camera apps and they freeze after a picture is taken too. It may be something to do with the hardware seeing that other apps wont work. But I dont know, it seems like to me it may be the media server since that is what the logcat keeps saying died. I dont know it blows my mind maybe if the camera uses the accelerometer or however it's spelled thats whats freezing up. I have sent in a few reports to google so if noone can help me on here maybe they can figure it out.