Camera on my razr

hayn

Reaction score
Camera on my razr is messed up

My camera won't focus on objects it looks focus in the beginning but then loses foucus and it won't refocus can I fix this or I can't?

raw33

Reaction score
My camera won't focus on objects it looks focus in the beginning but then loses foucus and it won't refocus can I fix this or I can't?

Same problem here. I have a Droid 4 but I think I have the same problem as you're describing.
My camera usually has a white box that turns green once everything is focused and ready for capture. Every now and then the box completely disappears and the picture will not focus and is very blurry.

Anyone else have this problem or know or a fix?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The default camera app is very poor on the RAZR (and I would assume it's the same on the Droid 4). Motorola really needs to step up their camera game as that's the biggest area where they're lagging way behind ever other major manufacturer.

Try using a different camera app. I use Camera ZOOM FX, but I've also heard good things about Camera360.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The default camera app is very poor on the RAZR (and I would assume it's the same on the Droid 4). Motorola really needs to step up their camera game as that's the biggest area where they're lagging way behind ever other major manufacturer.

Try using a different camera app. I use Camera ZOOM FX, but I've also heard good things about Camera360.

I tried all of those different camera apps and still have problems. So i took it to Verizon and the technician looked at it and told me it's a hardware problem so they're giving me a replacement.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Did you try tapping the screen? Wait until the white square turns green and it should be focused.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
JohnnytheK said:
Did you try tapping the screen? Wait until the white square turns green and it should be focused.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Yes I have tried that, didn't work

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Just to add....My BIONIC has a crap camera also. Gotta be a moto thing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Yeah, like I said, Motorola lags behind every other major manufacturer when it comes to cameras, and they have for quite awhile. The camera on the RAZR/MAXX is pretty much the same as the camera on the Bionic (and the X, X2, Droid 3, and Droid 4), although I'd say it's marginally better. That's really one of the only weak spots on the MAXX in my opinion. Supposedly, the rumored RAZR HD has a 12MP camera. Megapixels mean nothing when it comes to picture quality, but hopefully since it's a new camera, they'll make significant improvements all around.

fauxreall

Reaction score
i recently had the same problem. it would focus, it looks focused and then just unfocuses and takes a blurry shot. continually did this. i had to switch the modes to sports. and then it started doing it again and i moved it back to auto. its pretty annoying wen u have to tell people to wait. stupid camera.

Rongwey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
Y'all might want to try clearing the cache on your phones. It worked on my Droid Maxx so it might work on your phones as well. Go to Settings, Storage, then touch "Cached Data". A box should pop up saying this will clear cached data for all apps. Touch "OK". Hope it helps.