Camera not working

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Ok my wife just got the Droid 2 for a free upgrade we got it today got it all hooked up she put het apps on it and all and went to take a picture and all she gets is a black screen and it will freeze then restart sometimes please help Verizon isn't much help

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Q

qoncept

I've been putting it off but today I tried to make my camera work again. When I open it, I'll usually just get a black screen. Sometimes the camera will come up, but when I try to take a photo it locks up and eventually FCs. After that, it's the black screen again when I try to open.

I've deleted application data and cache in the application manager. I've cleared defaults. This morning I did a factory reset and it's still not working. What do I need to do?

firstimer

Reaction score
Today I took a picture with the front face camera I closed the camera then bright it back up and went to open the front face camera and it instantaneously went to force close can anyone help me with what the problem could be.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Qon, if I were you I'd take it back for a replacement. If you haven't rooted it and you're having that much of a problem, then you may have gotten a bad unit. It happens when you make 100,000 of anything. That's why we have lemon laws for new cars.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Firstimer, is that the first and only time its happened? If so it could simply be that the software and hardware didn't react properly to being shut off then immediately back on again. These phones are almost literally computers and I could see that being the issue, especially if it's the only time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

firstimer

Reaction score
Firefighter
I got if fixed I just read that you have to clear all the data in the camera and I did it . The front camera opened up with no problem . I went to settings ,applications,all,camera and cleared the data.

Q

qoncept

I meant to go to the Verizon store yesterday but my truck's battery was dead when I went out for lunch so I had to deal with that. I'll go in today. This phone has been absolutely horrible so hopefully they WILL give me a replacement. I had an original Droid and a Droid X and I'd definitely rather have either of them back at this point.

kent3230

Reaction score
Firefighter
I got if fixed I just read that you have to clear all the data in the camera and I did it . The front camera opened up with no problem . I went to settings ,applications,all,camera and cleared the data.

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy. Not that i use the front camera a lot but I hate it when things don't work they way the should!

Q

qoncept

I finally got to the Verizon store today. They couldn't fix it and they're shipping a replacement to me.

ajrenee

Reaction score
Half the time when I take pictures, my camera won't save them and goes straight back to my home screen. Anyone else.having this problem?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not having that problem on my phone. Do you have any third party apps installed that may be messing with it? Are you having other issues...did you factory reset after the Gingerbread OTA update?

ajrenee

Reaction score
At the risk if sounding extremely dumb, I have no clue what gingerbread is. I've seen it around, but am clueless. My phone's only about a month old, and no, no 3rd party camera apps. It's always done this.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread is the latest Android 2.3 software. You should have gotten a notification to update. Anyways I am not sure what is causing that problem with the camera. The only thing I could have thought was that a factory reset was needed if you took the update. You can try going to settings>applications>manage apps>all>camera>clear data...not sure if it will fix it or not.

kaser

Reaction score
I tried to take a picture with my phone yesterday and when i tried to open the camera the screen just kept flashing and the actual camera itsself was moving back and forth like it was adjusting or something... I dont know what to do. I did the update about a week ago and I've taken pictures since then so I dont think it's that.. but Im not really sure... Please help!!!