camera goes black while photo shooting atlhough it clicks

afzalkhancs

Reaction score
Hi all just got a new Moto Razr XT910 but facing issues with camera and battery.
Whenever I want to click a photo the camera goes black and I cant see what I am trying to take the photo of but it click the photo .
Second problem is that back side of my razr is always warm and battery is draining very quickly can anyone also help me with killing app so that battery consumption is less.

I have already rooted my motorola 2 time in 2 days and its not a nice sign for a smart phone .
Need some help guys .

Regards
Afzal khan

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Did you have these issues before rooting?? Sounds like they could both easily be related to rooting the phone..

yaterml

Reaction score
Could be a bunch of issues apps for the most part won't make your phone warm. Radio's and their usage will. If they are running non stop the might drain the battery more but the heat would be from the processor. Did you over clock your processor? Try turning off the Data, GPS, Wifi and Bluetooth radios this should keep the phone cool. Having a spotty 4G connection and the 4G connection on can cause severe battery life issues. If if stays warm then it might be something else. Charging, high screen brightness, running it as a hotspot also can lead to a warm battery. As for the camera, it can be a hardware or software issue. Do you have backups of the camera app? If you do restore the camera if not you can try a FDR and see if it fixes your issues. If the phone cools down with the radios off use either juice defender or more preferred Smart Actions and create a rule that only turns on the radio and sync if the app is currently running/active.

yaterml

Reaction score
Also if there is a corruption in the file system, sd card, or a poor quality card it can cause the camera to freeze while trying to write the data. As well as changed W-R-R permissions