Camera & Gallery problem

trale

Reaction score
Hi, I'm running GB .602, stock OTA

I have a very annoying problem with my Camera app and Gallery.

Occasionally and unpredictably, when I take snap a picture, it will not save, and it will not appear in the "Camera roll" section of my Gallery app.

Also, when this bug occurs, my Gallery app will fail to load the thumbnails of my pic folders properly. It will show all thumbnails as a default gray icon, and will not load the proper thumbnail no matter how long I wait.

The problem is solved with a reboot, but it will appear again at a later time. I tried clearing the cache of both Apps, no good.

Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? Any ideas?

bonzomatic

Reaction score
Ditto

I had this problem too. It continued after I got a replacement phone from Verizon. I ended up replacing the SD card to see if that was the problem and it is working ok now. I think what happened is the old phone would get so hot that it actually damaged the memory card. Some of my pictures would deteriorate over time as well (only have of them would be visible).

I think that the placement of the card in the phone is the core issue. I think it's too close to the battery (and maybe the processor) which generate a lot of heat.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I've seen this too but, while it seems the picture is not there, a reboot and subsequent entry in to the gallery shows the picture did actually save. For me at least. You might try an immediate reboot and see if it's there.