Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippster

Reaction score
Scanning QR pics though via barcode scanner doesnt seem to have improved much for me. :icon_evil:

I've found that holding the camera further away then I would think would be appropriate helps. It actually picks up the QR codes better from a distance then if I fill the scanning window with the code. Try putting the camera further away.

Just for the hell of it, I printed out a random QR and barcode scanner scans it instantly, just wont off my monitor....weird, anyone hear or have any issues like this?

I am using a Samsung 22" widescreen LCD.

Zippster

Reaction score
Well just answered my own question and will post my results for anyone else having the similar problem. Seems the droid does not like my real high screen resolution on this monitor, I simply dropped it back down into the 800x600 area ( yuk...lol ) and it scanned off the screen real fast.

windstrings

Reaction score
Well just answered my own question and will post my results for anyone else having the similar problem. Seems the droid does not like my real high screen resolution on this monitor, I simply dropped it back down into the 800x600 area ( yuk...lol ) and it scanned off the screen real fast.

Wait a min?.. your scanning off your computer monitor to your droid?

things you aren't a member of or coupons for discounts or what?

Zippster

Reaction score

QR's

.....added for fillers. :)

windstrings

Reaction score

QR's
.....added for fillers. :)

I have no idea what "QR's" are sorry, I'm new to all this since the 6th.

I did download shopsavey and like it much better than barcode scanner however. While the database is sometimes limited, its much smarter and serves my needs more for local searches and scans "very" fast.

Does anyone know why the focus pans back and forth when using shopsavy or barcode scanner or keyring?
Seems like it would just focus and be done with it?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
QR are those funky codes you scan for apps, some of the mods here have them for avatars too.

QR Code (Quick Response) Know-how. Pittfalls, Community, Facts, How-tos

In the words of Mr. Spock "Fascinating Jim!"

What app do you use to utilize these?
simply taking a picture does nothing.
Using a barscanner app does nothing either.
If you scan one with the barcode reader, it DOES do something. They can be a phone number, a link, a market location, a message, etc.

windstrings

Reaction score
If you scan one with the barcode reader, it DOES do something. They can be a phone number, a link, a market location, a message, etc.
LOL!... I just uninstalled that because shopsavey did a better job... looks like there is one feature it doesn't do.. guess I'll have to redownload it...

Seems I did scan one once before with it and it took my to a url.

thanks.

jaydee6385

Reaction score
Wipe the lens. lol.

I just read this entire thread. I've been off the boards for a couple days. This was so entertaining.!!

So happy we know what the problem is now.

smolander

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!!! What a simple but dramatic fix. I've had my droid for several weeks now and was disappointed in the fuzzy pics. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.