Camera delay

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Was instant when I first got phone when taking pics, now it takes a few seconds to actually capture. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Anyone?

nitrap

Reaction score
On the few occasions I have used the camera, there was a definite delay between shutter press and image capture. Not a big deal to me, but the camera in general is definitely a major topic on this forum and others. Just search.

ice9

Reaction score
My shutter lag on the bionic is horrible. The shutter speed is bad too. My wife's iPhone 4s has none of these issues.

deduct

Reaction score
The recent updates to. 901 and. 902 greatly improved the camera for many. Mainly shutter lag. The bionic camera will never measure up to the phone 4s camera I am afraid. That being said, the camera and screen quality are the only things iphone has over bionic in my opinion. You may also try one of the many different camera apps available in the play store if it bothers you too much. I have tried a couple, but , stock camera seemed to perform better than the ones I tried. I am afraid I do not have any suggestions on what you may do to improve stock camera. I rarely use my camera so it is not much of an issue for me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Camera Zoom FX is a good camera substitute, but I've found that I'm usng stock more and more.

ice9

Reaction score
Camera FX

I've been using this, but it's awkward software. It doesn't allow you to easily view the previous pictures that were taken. I have no idea what 901 or 902 is from the other post. I guess it just is what it is. I'll be going to iPhone when the iPhone 5 comes out. I'm just not impressed by anything on this phone. Navigation is great, besides that voice commands suck, camera sucks, interface is confusing and it's loaded with tons of junk software. My wife's phone is just way better.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been using this, but it's awkward software. It doesn't allow you to easily view the previous pictures that were taken. I have no idea what 901 or 902 is from the other post. I guess it just is what it is. I'll be going to iPhone when the iPhone 5 comes out. I'm just not impressed by anything on this phone. Navigation is great, besides that voice commands suck, camera sucks, interface is confusing and it's loaded with tons of junk software. My wife's phone is just way better.

If you want a good camera on a phone you should check out the Rezound. It's the best camera of ANY Verizon phone right now including the 4s. I've blown away a few 4s owners after they've seen the pics that my phone can take. A step up from the Rezound's camera would be the camera on the HTC One X but you have to switch to AT&T for that phone. And when ICS finally hits you'll be able to disable all that bloat software. I've seen and used the 4s and NOTHING on that phone impresses me. It's a solid phone but compared to my Rezound it's really lacking.

striker85

Reaction score
Voice commands are part of Android, not the Bionic. And with ICS the voice recognition system is getting a huge overhaul. The camera isn't something I will argue with you on. I agree, it's pretty bad. However, I have seen worse cameras on phones. The junk software is a standard addition to any Verizon phone, get used to it. And the interface? Well, I was a newbie to Blur when I got the Bionic and now I'm liking it. Compared to stock 2.3.4, it actually is rather simplified. Sometimes it can be a little clunky in the sense that something that should take one or two actions takes 4 or 5. But I'm hoping ICS solves some of that. If not, then there are ROMs. And navigation is again a Google thing. The only possible influence the actual phone plays is the GPS hardware, which from my experience is as good as any. So maybe you got a lemon from the factory?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
ice9 said:
I have no idea what 901 or 902 is from the other post. I guess it just is what it is. I'll be going to iPhone when the iPhone 5 comes out. I'm just not impressed by anything on this phone. Navigation is great, besides that voice commands suck, camera sucks, interface is confusing and it's loaded with tons of junk software. My wife's phone is just way better.

.901 & .902 are versions of the Gingerbread software. You need to decide what phone works best for you, but I didn't get the Bionic because of the camera. While it's nice to have, I use a digital camera when I really want to take pictures.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums