Camera apps not loading on computer

lisalisa13

Reaction score
When I try to load pics from my phone to the computer only stock camera pics came up, how do I get my other pics on the computer?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How are you loading them?

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Plug phone into tower, upload to windows gallery and verizon, didn't show up on either

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
When you upload them are you just dragging and dropping them, or are you using the Windows Media Sync?

Personally, I would just do USB Mass Storage. They are located in the dcim folder in the camera folder.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
When I plug phone in there's a pop up that I click and out send everything to my windows gallery, but as I said its only finding pics from stock camera...how do you do the mass and how do I find dcim and camera folder? Sorry technology challenged

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
When I plug phone in there's a pop up that I click and out send everything to my windows gallery, but as I said its only finding pics from stock camera...how do you do the mass and how do I find dcim and camera folder? Sorry technology challenged

When you plug your phone into your computer you see the icon that appears in the status bar? The USB logo.

Drag down your notification bar and click on it. Should say something like USB connections and have four options.
  • PC Mode
  • Windows Media Sync
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Charge Only
Tap on USB Mass Storage and click ok.

Depending on how your computer is set up you may get a pop up tell you about a new disk drive. Go to My Computer and under Devices with Removable Storage you should see something called MOT. Has about 14.8GB of space. Click on that and you should see the dcim folder with the camera folder. That will have all your photos and movies.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you also need to enable USB debugging, (Settings>Applications>Development, Check USB debugging) for USB Mass Storage to work. At least I had to.

Be sure to eject both drives before disconnecting.

I also recommend getting the free app QuickPic. It shows you the file locations of all pictures.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Good luck!

cervri

Reaction score
You may also find in the dcim folder another folder called thumbnails. Mine does.