Camcorder problem on liberty

sgill7

Reaction score
Everytime I try to use the camcorder it force closes. whether Im using the stock version or the blur version it wont work is this a problem with anyone else?? Everything else works great for me though :)

Shelooga

Reaction score
Everytime I try to use the camcorder it force closes. whether Im using the stock version or the blur version it wont work is this a problem with anyone else?? Everything else works great for me though :)

haven't had that problem my self, but try a few things. One, fix permissions and reboot. Two, try setting fix permission and zip align apks on boot in the Liberty settings. Three, if it isn't there, move the camera.apk to your system files. If this doesn't work I'm sorry I couldn't help. or the old uninstall reinstall the rom

OP
S

sgill7

Reaction score

haven't had that problem my self, but try a few things. One, fix permissions and reboot. Two, try setting fix permission and zip align apks on boot in the Liberty settings. Three, if it isn't there, move the camera.apk to your system files. If this doesn't work I'm sorry I couldn't help. or the old uninstall reinstall the rom

that did it thanks man!!! dancedroid

FailMods

Reaction score
I am having the same issues and when i take a picture it comes up blank in the gallery. I did fix permissions, zipalign apks, and reinstall the rom but still having the same issues. Any suggestions?

Shelooga

Reaction score
I am having the same issues and when i take a picture it comes up blank in the gallery. I did fix permissions, zipalign apks, and reinstall the rom but still having the same issues. Any suggestions?

Did you also set in liberty settings to zip align on boot and fix permissions on boot? And also make sure the camera.apk is in system/app not data/app. I find moving apks to the system fixes issues. Can't explain why though. Hmmmm.. Other than that... I'm not sure what would cause issues

homeeey

Reaction score
Try using the blur gallery if you are using the blur camera. IMO AOSP gallery doesn't always work so good with the blur camera

FailMods

Reaction score
I did zipalign and fix permissions on boot. Also checked and camera.apk is in system/app. but still the same issues. I dont belive i am using the blur camera(mine has a black border around it with pop up settings).

holyap0c

Reaction score
Im also having the same problem. Try to take a picture but then it doesn't save, camcorder force closes upon use.. etc

I found the fix permissions option in Liberty Settings but i couldn't find the option to permissions and zipalign on boot.. where is that option located?
Also already checked that the camera.apk was in the system/app directory. Just trying to exhaust all options before a flash to stock and a reflash of Liberty.

Shelooga

Reaction score
Im also having the same problem. Try to take a picture but then it doesn't save, camcorder force closes upon use.. etc

I found the fix permissions option in Liberty Settings but i couldn't find the option to permissions and zipalign on boot.. where is that option located?
Also already checked that the camera.apk was in the system/app directory. Just trying to exhaust all options before a flash to stock and a reflash of Liberty.

its not in the liberty toolbox, its under settings/liberty settings, towards the very bottom

holyap0c

Reaction score

its not in the liberty toolbox, its under settings/liberty settings, towards the very bottom

.....*facepalm*

Shelooga

Reaction score
hahaha dont sweat it. i overlook so many things every day. hope this helps so you dont need to try the full reinstall