Callers complaining of poor outgoing call quality with your Pixel?

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I currently own a Nexus 6P (on Verizon), and people constantly complain to me that my calls sound muffled. I'm not alone, as the web is flooded with Nexus owners reporting the same issue - with no fix available. It's gotten so bad that I've thought about purchasing a Pixel/Pixel XL, but I've seen similar complaints of muffled call volume on those phones as well. So, what's the consensus here? How is the outgoing call quality with your phones?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Haven't had any complaints when using my phone normally. While connected to blue tooth in my car people say I am very quiet. Not sure if that is pixel related or car related.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, GoCliffGo05, Yours is the only response after a month, so I guess it's not an issue...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sorry, this is the first time I've seen this thread. I upgraded to my Pixel XL because my Nexus 6P was having this same issue. I don't talk on the phone a whole lot, but I was getting complaints and people were having trouble hearing me on every call. Since upgrading, I've had no issue with people being able to hear me.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
jonny, I can't thank you enough for your post. It's amazing to me that, with all the complaints on line of this problem with the Nexus 6P, Google never addressed the issue. In any event, I'm very pleased to hear that your Pixel XL does not have the same problem. Now, my only dilemma - do I get the Pixel XL, or do I wait until the next generation Pixel is released (in October?)...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
At this point I'd hold out. Technology becomes "outdated" every 6 months it seems.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no issues with my 6P and calling. My issues are with the reception and battery life. That's for another thread though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have had my Pixel since November and I've had no complaints about call quality/volume. Then again, I probably don't even have 2hrs worth of talk time since owning the device. I rarely have phone conversations and even more rare that they last over 2min

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
jonny, I can't thank you enough for your post. It's amazing to me that, with all the complaints on line of this problem with the Nexus 6P, Google never addressed the issue. In any event, I'm very pleased to hear that your Pixel XL does not have the same problem. Now, my only dilemma - do I get the Pixel XL, or do I wait until the next generation Pixel is released (in October?)...
In my research of the issue, it was supposedly fixed with an update, but mine was still experiencing it.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Definitely was not fixed on mine by any update, and given the number of continuing complaints on the web concerning this issue, I am certainly not alone. It's really annoying to be forced to use the speakerphone mode so that people can hear me. :mad:Tempted to pull the trigger on a Pixel XL, but will try to resist. Resistance is futile? :)