Caller ID Faker cost ANYTHING?

rsa1205

Reaction score
Is there ever any cost for caller id faker? It says free two minute trial, but I've made multiple 1 minute calls. Does it mean that a single call cannot be more than 2 minutes?

In other words, is it unlimited 1 minute and 59 second calls?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's illegal, so the conversation is over. Find the answer elsewhere.

OP
R

rsa1205

Reaction score

If either of you were able to read and comprehend the full text of the act, and not a link, you would realize the truth in caller id act says it is only illegal if you are making an attempt to "defraud or deceive."

I don't think pranking my friends is harmful to them...

Lighten up.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If either of you were able to read and comprehend the full text of the act, and not a link, you would realize the truth in caller id act says it is only illegal if you are making an attempt to "defraud or deceive."

Lighten up.

There's a thin line, and if you'll read and comprehend the forum, you're not the first to ask this question. You're also not the first to not be given the answer. Whether or not you're happy about it, or you think your motives are honest, you'll need to figure this one out elsewhere. Good luck.

virtualhuman

Reaction score

Lighten up.
Way to go, chief. You know what they say about assumptions...

The text of the act states that you cannot use a misleading or inaccurate caller ID with the intent to deceive. It doesn't matter if it's only for fun. Perhaps the next time you flame for reading comprehension you should first get your parents to read over the text in question. :)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Way to go, chief. You know what they say about assumptions...

The text of the act states that you cannot use a misleading or inaccurate caller ID with the intent to deceive. It doesn't matter if it's only for fun. Perhaps the next time you flame for reading comprehension you should first get your parents to read over the text in question. :)

Thank you. The article clearly says it is illegal "to cause ANY caller ID service to transmit misleading or inaccurate caller ID information." This includes kids trying to dick around with their friends.

Same deal with e-mail spoofing, which is why if you've ever had a homework assignment where you spoofed e-mails, you did it on an intranet or closed network, and not across the internet.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Wow some people need to worry more about themselves. I don't see a moderator title under any of your names. Either answer the op's question or don't. Nothing that was posted was relevant to answering their question.

OP:you are correct after 2 minutes it automatically disconnects. This is a fun app and my friends get a kick out of it every time.

virtualhuman

Reaction score
Wow some people need to worry more about themselves. I don't see a moderator title under any of your names. Either answer the op's question or don't. Nothing that was posted was relevant to answering their question.
Seriously? I originally posted simply a link to the new legislation in order to be helpful and informative. I came back through to see the OP flaming about reading comprehension towards LtKen and myself.

Informing someone that the thing they're asking a question about is illegal is relevant. And generally a nice thing to do, if I do say so myself. I'd want to know, if it were me asking. That's nice that you don't agree though. ;)

Cheers!