Caller ID doesn't show contact name

Johne

Reaction score
About half the time when I am on the phone and get a call waiting call, the name of the contact doesn't appear. Just the number. The other half of the time it will show the contact name. Any ideas on what causes this and how to show the contact name all the time? I searched but came up empty. Sorry if it has been discussed before.

gerend

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing

I've noticed the same thing, over many various ROMs that I've tried. For me it happens on first ring more than call waiting. When it doesn't find the CID info, it also plays the default ringtone instead of the per-user ringtone that I've set up for that caller.

The best fix I've found is to make sure that your minimum clock speed isn't too slow; my phone hates 125MHz - 250MHz. I always keep my minimum above 400MHz (depending on the kernel you're running, it may be 500MHz+). It doesn't seem to hurt my battery life too badly.

It seems the problem for me has been that when underclocked so severely, the phone just can't pull up the CID info in time to use it to ring your phone. Not sure whether this is a result of many ROMs which have "Reduced ring delay" as a feature...

Last edited:

LabShark

Reaction score
I had similar issues and for me the solution was to make sure the contacts have the area code included. :)

Last edited: