Called tech. support at Verizon and...

Coots

Reaction score
Alright, I got tired of swimming through whether or not the SD Card contained valuable info regarding the Droid phone or not, so I just called the Verizon Tech. Support myself, to see what they had to say.

Their answer was... drum roll please....

That the SD card contains NO files that require the phone to operate. He said that if you just format the card that it may affect some of the 3rd party apps that you have installed, but that it is safe to format your SD card if you feel the need to. Then he went on to explain that you would lose all of your pictures, music you had on etc.

So, there, I'm happy with that answer. So if I ever flash back to a stock 2.1 phone, I'll know it's safe for me to format my sd card.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Alright, I got tired of swimming through whether or not the SD Card contained valuable info regarding the Droid phone or not, so I just called the Verizon Tech. Support myself, to see what they had to say.

Their answer was... drum roll please....

That the SD card contains NO files that require the phone to operate. He said that if you just format the card that it may affect some of the 3rd party apps that you have installed, but that it is safe to format your SD card if you feel the need to. Then he went on to explain that you would lose all of your pictures, music you had on etc.

So, there, I'm happy with that answer. So if I ever flash back to a stock 2.1 phone, I'll know it's safe for me to format my sd card.
Why didn't you just start a thread and ask us?

This is common knowledge.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
guessing you're new to smartphones or sd cards?

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Well, I did start a thread about a month ago.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/36060-sd-card.html

Asking if it would affect anything. And the responses varied from, I would brick my phone to - it won't hurt anything at all.

So, I decided that I would call the tech. guys. I guess after a month, my post got buried in all the coolness around here.

And yes, this is my first smartphone.