Call me crazy... Notification / Ringtone link

JLangevin

Reaction score
I cant seem to find the setting where Notifications and Ringtones share the same volume... was this removed for some reason?

I am on 12.24.1

chewy74

Reaction score
Menu/settings /personal tab/sound settings

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
Right, and in that menu, there is nothing there to lock the sounds together. Just an idividual slider for each sound volume.

Silent Mode
Vibrate
Flip to Silence
Pick up to fade tone
Ringtone Settings (Bring me to select a ringtone)
Ringtone Volume
Call Volume
Notification Settings (Bring me to select a tone)
Media Volume
Audible Touch Tones
Audible Selection
Screen Lock Sounds
Haptic Feedback
Emergency Tone

Unless I am completely blind, there is no place to link the volumes together.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Your ringtone volume and notification volume both are controlled by the volume rocker. Turning down ringtone also turns down notifications.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
That is false. They are separate volumes. The rocker only controlled incoming calls. Notifications. Are ignoring the incoming call volume set by rocker. I loaded my old rom 12.11 and the setting is there and it is NOT there in 12.24. Why not? How does this stuff get missed?

Anathema

Reaction score
That is false. They are separate volumes. The rocker only controlled incoming calls. Notifications. Are ignoring the incoming call volume set by rocker. I loaded my old rom 12.11 and the setting is there and it is NOT there in 12.24. Why not? How does this stuff get missed?

I just tested this is and it does not work for me either.

I assigned all calls and notifications the same ringtone.
In the phone settings I turned all of the volumes on and up
Set the volume to the lowest it could go on the rocker
I called my phone, no ring
I texted my phone, it rang
I emailed myself through gmail and yahoo, it rang
Set an Alarm, no ring
Silent Mode, nothing rang regardless of rocker.

I didn't go back to 12.11 though to see if it works.

Does your alarm stay silent as well?

EDIT - I'm on 12.24, not 12.24.1.

Last edited:
OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
My alarm is also silent. So for all effects and purposes, the notifications for this Rom are broken 12.24.0 an 12.24.1

Reaction score
My alarm is also silent. So for all effects and purposes, the notifications for this Rom are broken 12.24.0 an 12.24.1

It's actually "for all intents and purposes" (not trying to be the grammar police...that saying is just often misquoted).

The notifications are not broken though. They still sound when they are supposed to and are silent when they are supposed to be. And my alarm works fine even when I have everything else set to silent. There is a setting to have the alarm sound even when notifications and ringtones are set to silent. There's also a separate volume control for the alarm under alarm settings.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

FC127

Reaction score

It's actually "for all intents and purposes" (not trying to be the grammar police...that saying is just often misquoted).

I like when I see "for all intensive purposes"...

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app

Reaction score

LOL! That's how I actually found out what the saying actually was supposed to be. Because I used to say that. Can't remember how I figured out that was wrong...probably got corrected by some a-hole on the internet LOL!

FC127

Reaction score

LOL! That's how I actually found out what the saying actually was supposed to be. Because I used to say that. Can't remember how I figured out that was wrong...probably got corrected by some a-hole on the internet LOL!

I blame the constant correcting on my mom... That and my deep seated hatred for "mouth noises" while eating.

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
I do NOT mind being corrected when I am wrong. lol. Thank you for correcting me.

For a workaround, I simply added a 3rd party volume control, but I still dont know why the option to link the Notifications and Ringer volume to the rocker switch was removed.

SirVilhelm

Reaction score
I do NOT mind being corrected when I am wrong. lol. Thank you for correcting me.

For a workaround, I simply added a 3rd party volume control, but I still dont know why the option to link the Notifications and Ringer volume to the rocker switch was removed.

What app are you using? This is still broken in D1-MIUI-1.1.7.0 and it is very annoying.

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
Im still using MIUI on my wifes phone and just installed the newest 1.1.7.0 and as reported, the rocker does not control the notification volume. The devs wont comment on why, but since all they are doing is porting, I dont think they can do anything about it anyway.

It doesnt many any sense why the MIUI devs ever considered that an unnecessary feature.