Call Clarity

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
My wife & I each have an a855 and when we talk to eachother on the phone she has a real hard time hearing me and I have a hard time understanding everything she says. She also gets the same complaints from other people she talks to when she uses her phone, however, I have no problems talking to other people when I use mine.

We went to the Verizon store and they changed some setting that only the tech people have access to and it didn't fix it. We're thinking it's just her phone, I know several people who have this phone and they have no complaints like ours.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?

gotbst05

Reaction score
you could always try to update your towers by calling *228 and then option 2

OP
F

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
The quality is just as bad. We went back in last night and they are shipping us a new phone. Hopefully that works.

OP
F

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
I was told this should be fixed by the 2.2 update.

Reaction score
I just wanted to make a correction, the settings the techs changed are settings anyone can change by going into the ##PROGRAM with the code 000000 and changing the voice codec I recommend u do this again yourself and change it to EVRC-B it might help.

OP
F

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
I just checked, that's what they changed it to.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i never have volume issues, but i do have muffle issues... sometimes i sound very muffled to the other end... but a lot of times it's fixed by just moving my mouth a little closer to the mic

OP
F

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
Ours is also a muffled issue, she got a new phone which didn't fix it. Hopefully 2.2 should be here in a few days.

Other than that I found another post on here where you have to remove the black strip above the camera and put a piece of paper behind the piece of metal which is a noise cancelling device and that fixes it. I'll try that if the update doesn't work.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i actually still have my google voice recorded voicemail from when i had my iphone, b/c when i try and do it from my droid, it's too muffled sounding

ShowTime

Reaction score
I've never had anyone say they experienced this when I was talking to them. But when I talk to my gf, both on our Droids, she sounds muffled but she can hear me fine. We've tried about every suggested "fix" we could find to no real avail.

OP
F

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
Last edited: