Calendar

micp1480

Reaction score
There has been much talk about what calendar works best for the Droid, and what actually syncs best with the google calendar. I want a stand alone calendar that doesn't sync with anything, and that I can input my appointment's directly to my phone. I don't need to have it on my computer, for my phone is the only thing I carry around with me. I want a calendar that I can add color markers so I can see the importance of that appointment date, and not a color bar graph. Lastly, I need it so that some of my appointments repeat every two weeks, and a year from now. I know I am asking for a lot, but wouldn't it be nice if there was such an animal out there that can do this. Thank you.

MICP 1480

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Well, you can set up recurring appointments with Google Calendar. Haven't looked for color-coded appointments yet as I don't use them so I can't comment on that.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't want to sync with the cloud. If you ever lost your phone or needed to reset it, the cloud would have a backup of everything.

That being said, Google Calendar allows you to color code all of your appointments but i believe reoccurring appts have to remain whatever color you initially give them.

PopMuzik

Reaction score
I would like color codes for calendar appointments too. I know Google Calendar can do this, but that particular function doesn't cross over to the mobile calendar. On the mobile, they're all green. If you find something that color codes better, let me know too!

Pop

zayinc2003

Reaction score
I feel the same way about the calendar issues as well. I am a Master Barber running a busy client base and i find the Droids Calendar sub par compared to blackberry. I need something very much on the fly. I have clients calling while performing services so its imperative to be able to select day, time, type name, and save. I as well have weekly appts, two week, three week and so on. So with all that said i am stuck with the storm as my business appt.calendar (Phone not activated) and the droid as my everything else.

spyder560

Reaction score
Yep I agree as well. I even prefer my old WinMobile 6 calendar compared to the Google one. I just want a simple calendar that I can scroll week by week with a full month calendar view. I hate how it only switches a whole month page to another. It makes it hard to view the previous week.

I also liked how upcoming events would show on the WinMobile home screen...eh I'm sure there will be some app soon.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Yep I agree as well. I even prefer my old WinMobile 6 calendar compared to the Google one. I just want a simple calendar that I can scroll week by week with a full month calendar view. I hate how it only switches a whole month page to another. It makes it hard to view the previous week.

You can scroll week to week. Go to week view, then with your finger, swipe right to left and you can see week to week without any problem. If you want to leave it in week view, just hit "home" when you're done as the last view it shows is the first view type that will pop up...easy! :)

ronjon444

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid Eris and cannot get a weekly view of my appointments from Google or Outlook. How are you getting weekly views?

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
For what it's worth, add my voice to those who think that the calendar should scroll, not page. That is, in month view, it should be possible to move a week at a time.

Last edited:

ronjon444

Reaction score
Calendar - No Weekly view available

In addition to getting no weekly view, I am not able to add appointments from Google Calendar. No accept / decline / postpone.

Any assistance, this is getting more frustrating. Want to recomend this phone to our company but we live and die by the Calendar. Don't want to go back to Blackberry

Ron