Calendar/Tasks Widgets FC

Dmw017

Reaction score
The Calendar and Tasks widget force close whenever I try to add either of them to my homescreen using GO Launcher EX. On ADW only Tasks would FC but I switched to GO Launcher and really need my calendar widget. Tried out a few alternatives from the android market but ... mehl.
Any fix for this? I tried clearing the data for calendar alrdy

Divide by zero, I dare you...

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you stock or rooted? If rooted, have you frozen/deleted any system apps?

REMilk

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher EX on my Droid 3. I just put the stock Calendar widget and the stock Task widget on my home screen and they are working perfectly.

I recommend that you give the Go Calendar widget a try. I prefer this widget over the stock Calendar as you can show it as calendar month or as an agenda list.

Last edited:
OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Yeah I froze a lot. Just tried defrosting ToggleWidgets but calendar/task widget still Fc'd as soon as I clicked "done" to add
I tried GoCalendar which is what im using now but tbh it sucks becaue in compact mode it only wants to show me the closest event and...that's it. Kind of short sighted for a calendar lol. Tried tweaking the settings but, nada

Edit: just went back to ADW, removed my calendar widget, and tried to add it again but it FCs now there too. Guess the problem could likely be a frozen app... but I've looked through and tried defrosting numerous apps already to no avail

Last edited:

REMilk

Reaction score
Yeah I froze a lot. Just tried defrosting ToggleWidgets but calendar/task widget still Fc'd as soon as I clicked "done" to add
I tried GoCalendar which is what im using now but tbh it sucks becaue in compact mode it only wants to show me the closest event and...that's it. Kind of short sighted for a calendar lol. Tried tweaking the settings but, nada

Edit: wait if frozen apps are causing the problem, why would calendar work on ADW launcher but not on Go EX

1. I agree with you that the 'short version of Go Calendar' only shows the most current, even when resized. The Android Calendar, for me, only shows the most current and has limited scrollable capabilities, but is resizable. I do not like either version, which is why I use the 'month' view.

2. I do not believe it is Go Launcher EX causing your force closes as I have both the Android Calendar and task widget on my Droid 3 running Go Launcher EX and they are running perfectly. It is possible, that ADW has a service that mimics one of the apps you have 'frozen' so the Android calendar works under ADW.

Did you reboot after unfreezing? If not the service you 'thawed' may not have started so the Android Calendar widget may not have worked under Go Launcher EX.

Just a couple of thoughts based on my experience.

Bob

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Ahh ,reboot after defrosting :) that might be it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I like Jorte, free from the market. Takes a bit to get used to it, though. Lots and lots and lots of widget options.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
So I tried defrosting and rebooting all apps that might be related to the FCs, no success. But its cool :D upon giving up, I switched the GoCalender to the full-mode (or w/e) and it is exactlyy what I was looking for all along lol! U can switch from viewing the dates to viewing only the upcoming events, and the best part is u can theme the GoWidgets, I use the transparency one because it matches my homescreen theme soooo perfectly :)

Closing thoughts: Eff motoblurs calendar lol

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
So.. yay for calendar
Gonna go search for an awesome Tasks widget now ^.^

REMilk

Reaction score
So.. yay for calendar
Gonna go search for an awesome Tasks widget now ^.^

I use Astrid Task/To Do List as the widget for tasks. This integrates nicely with Google tasks.

There are many Task / To Do managers; try several and use the one that suits you best.

Bob

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use BeOrganized for tasks widget and I also use Smooth Calendar