Calendar suddenly not syncing

jmorgania

Reaction score
I'm running a 100% stock Droid 3. Suddenly my Google calendar stopped syncing correctly. I use multiple calendars and only my main calendar is syncing. I've checked the calendar settings and all the calendars are set to visible and synced. I've gone to the phone account settings where it says the calendar was last synced on 11-15-11, it's now 11-21-11. It shows the syncing icon next to the checkbox in the account settings. When I uncheck and recheck it appears to try to sync, however it is not successfull. I've made no changes to the phone that shouls have affected this. Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions to correct this? I've tried a restart with no success. I really need access to all my calendars on my phone.

doogald

Reaction score
You can always try the nuke option - settings->applications->manage applications. Tap on the "All" button on the top, tap on "Calendar Storage" and tap the button "clear data". As suggested, this will make the phone look as if it has no calendar data at all, which should initiate a sync to populate it from your Google account.

At some point within a minute or two this should initiate a calendar sync with your Google account. Unfortunately, however, any changes that you have made to your phone calendars that have not synced will be lost. You should know this before you do this.

junksecret

Reaction score
SOLUTION
I had the same problem with my Moto Bionic, I solved it. While using Calendar app, hit menu/settings/manage calendars. You will see a list of all the different "sub-calendars" that appear on your phone. (Make sure the arrows on the left are all pointing down, to see all of your sub-calendars - tap them if they are pointing up).

The top calendars is "Phone Calendar", probably with status of "not synced, visible." You will see below it other calendars, including your google account calendar, probably with status of "synced, visible."

Tap on the Phone Calendar until it says "not synced, *NOT* visible. I think what is happening is that, when you enter events on your phone, they are entered into a non-syncing "Phone Calendar" instead of your syncing google calendar. By making "phone calendar" not visible, you enter an event into your google calendar, and it will sync.

Auramus

Reaction score
Thanks for this solution. It worked for me on my Droid 3. The phone now syncs to my Google Calendar.

eroc

Reaction score
this still does not help with imported calendars (such as tripit). They show up under the calendars list as synced/visible, but do no show in the actual calendar. It shows up in my computer fine and worked perfectly with my Droid 1. I just "upgraded" to Droid 4 and am blown away by how many stupid changes in the os have taken place! what the f? I can no longer go to standard home screen in car mode without backing out of apps.... and when navigating, backing out now kills navigation mode. WTF? So, if I want to got to a calendar while navigating in my car, I have to stop now? Who thinks of this stupidity? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I hate this......
I'm running a 100% stock Droid 3. Suddenly my Google calendar stopped syncing correctly. I use multiple calendars and only my main calendar is syncing. I've checked the calendar settings and all the calendars are set to visible and synced. I've gone to the phone account settings where it says the calendar was last synced on 11-15-11, it's now 11-21-11. It shows the syncing icon next to the checkbox in the account settings. When I uncheck and recheck it appears to try to sync, however it is not successfull. I've made no changes to the phone that shouls have affected this. Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions to correct this? I've tried a restart with no success. I really need access to all my calendars on my phone.

doogald

Reaction score
this still does not help with imported calendars (such as tripit). They show up under the calendars list as synced/visible, but do no show in the actual calendar. It shows up in my computer fine and worked perfectly with my Droid 1. I just "upgraded" to Droid 4 and am blown away by how many stupid changes in the os have taken place! what the f? I can no longer go to standard home screen in car mode without backing out of apps.... and when navigating, backing out now kills navigation mode. WTF? So, if I want to got to a calendar while navigating in my car, I have to stop now? Who thinks of this stupidity? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I hate this......

Subscribed calendars like TripIt work fine for me on the Droid 3 - I have a good half dozen and they all sync (one way, of course) and display just fine.