Calendar questions

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Ill be upgrading from my BB Storm to the Droid X soon! I have a couple of questions about my calendar and task data

1) BB syncs to outlook (on my pc), I dont use exchange.
Should I consider one of the non-google calendar apps, that sync
with outlook so that I dont have to re-enter tons of data?
Or should I load my outlook data into my gmail acct calendar? And if
so have others had success doing this? not losing repeating appts, no double entries, ect

2) When viewing the google calendar on an Android phone, can you see tasks
along with calendar data. For example, if I have a task due today, will
it display along with todays calendar appts?

3) If I use a 3rd party calendar app, will the Android backup program allow me
to backup the calendar and task PIM data to my pc?

4) Which calendar is considered the best, for Android?

Looking forward to the Droid X (and getting rid my BB Storm)!!

Thanks!

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bump cause im going to have to deal with this too

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
I used to use Outlook calendars and was hesitant to give it up.

I synced it all to my gmail calendars and never looked back. Simply no need now for Outllook.

I downloaded Jorte calendar from the marketplace and didn't use the original calendar much so I dont know what it can or cannot do. I can tell you that Jorte is simply the best calendar you could ever ask for. It will sync with your G account and yes it does show tasks. The widgets are great too.

Jorte syncs with Google so Im not sure why you would need to back it up to your PC since everythig is stored in the cloud and you can get it from any computer by logging into google or your phone.

Last edited:
OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
OK thanks, Ill probably import my outlook calendar into google, even though Im a little concerned about having so much information in the 'cloud'

Is the process to export/import Outlook tasks,memos, and contacts similar to the process to do the calendar data which looks pretty straight forward?

thanks!

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Yeah, I export the CSV file from Outlook and then import it to the proper calendar in your google account.

I hear you on having a ton of info in the cloud but if you havent already make a super-dooper strong passphrase and then use it only for your google account. Should be fine.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Oh and for what it's worth.. if you are simply affraid of losing all the calendar data and want to back it up, you can do so in google calendar settings. You can export the calendars to .ips format.

Do it once in a while to have some peace of mind.