/cache/recovery/command

Droidx Guest

Reaction score
I installed a custom rom (Apex 1.3) for the first time on my droid x today using Koush Bootstrap but when I tried to repeat the processes to install a different rom, the bootstrap would say success, but when I try to reboot into recovery, nothing happens. When I try hard-reset, it says that there was an error with /cache/recovery/command..any ideas/help please?

WeedR

Reaction score
What were the steps you used to install apex? Do you have the superuser icon still?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Droidx Guest

Reaction score
I downloaded Koush's bootstrapper and rebooted into recovery, backup, and installed Apex zip..now I can't reboot into recovery and when I do, that error shows up..

schneid

Reaction score
Me too w cache error. Won't boot past "M". Tried SBF but Moto driver won't install. Tried Factory Reset. Still won't boot. Tried various "update.zip" files on SD Card. All fail. VZW is sending a new phone.

Issue started when Clockwork Restore stalled/froze. Tried bat pull and that killed the X.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the cache/recovery error is totally normal and won't affect anything, it will still wipe data.
@schneid, try using the sbf flashing guide

schneid

Reaction score
Me too w cache error. Won't boot past "M". Tried SBF but Moto driver won't install. Tried Factory Reset. Still won't boot. Tried various "update.zip" files on SD Card. All fail. VZW is sending a new phone.

Issue started when Clockwork Restore stalled/froze. Tried bat pull and that killed the X.

Update: Finally got it recovered. My Win 7 box just would not connect to RSD with the Moto drivers. Pulled out an 8-year old laptop with XP and installed RSD and Moto drivers. SBF'ed w/o further problem.

dancedroid:icon_ banana::yeahbaby01: