Bypass Activation - Four Corners Not Working

rwmorey

Reaction score
Hi --

I have an Droid 2 Global that I got from a friend so I could test Android code I'm writing on older phones. However, the phone had a factory reset done and so it powers up and goes to the activation screen. I've tried the "four corners" method prescribed on various websites but it doesn't work. I think it doesn't work partly because the responsiveness of the screen seems really bad. Is there another way to bypass the activation? Ideally, using the keyboard or power / volume buttons?

Thanks

Rich

OP
R

rwmorey

Reaction score
Hi --

I have an Droid 2 Global that I got from a friend so I could test Android code I'm writing on older phones. However, the phone had a factory reset done and so it powers up and goes to the activation screen. I've tried the "four corners" method prescribed on various websites but it doesn't work. I think it doesn't work partly because the responsiveness of the screen seems really bad. Is there another way to bypass the activation? Ideally, using the keyboard or power / volume buttons?

I posted this on the Droid 2 Global forum but received no responses so I thought I'd post here as well.

Thanks

Rich

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the second time you have posted the same thing. Please refer to your original thread and do not cross post.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
How are you using the 4 corners method?
You must move from upper left, to upper right, then ABOVE the line beneath the Android image, lower right to lower left, but ABOVE that GREEN LINE, or it will fail.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree with ACERADIO. I tried it several times but eventually I was able to hit just the right spots and it proceeded. The key is to make sure you tap just above the lower menu line with the bottom two taps. Also, it must be in the order mentioned, clockwise from top left to top right, to bottom right to bottom left.

When I get home, I'll do it and post a video showing it being successful.

Nevermind...check this video out. [video=youtube;pO5x59nnbg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5x59nnbg0[/video] The demonstration starts just about 25 seconds in.