By far my biggest problem with the Droid

Canefan

Reaction score
I have very poor reception at the hospital where I work, so web browsing really sucks the battery dry as it struggles to get the data. The hospital has an open Wifi system however that I used to access easily with my old WinMo phone and all of my iPhone buddies are able to use it as well.

The Droid is unable to access it for the following reason. I can connect to the router without a problem but the Citrix server then attempts a redirect to a page where you must accept the Terms and Conditions of use. When I access it with my laptop, a drop down message appears before the redirect informing me that the site has an invalid certificate (self signed) and asks if I want to continue yes or no?. The Droid will not redirect to the Terms and Conditions page because of the invalid cert I am assuming. All I get is a message informing me that the site I am trying to access is down or has moved. This is a REAL problem for me and I'm surprised nobody else is experiencing it. And no it has not been fixed in 2.1. I can surf all day on my Wifi at home. Any gurus out there with an idea? Any way to create an exception for certain site addresses?

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hi i did a google search "citrix, accept certificate on cell phone browser" and there were lots that came up. here's one i copied

Hello,

also had this Problem on a Nokia N95.
The solution is to import the Equifax Secure eBusiness CA-1 certificate into the mobile.
It`s possible to export the certificate as a *.cer file from IE on a Windows PC.
Linux user may download the certificate here: http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_certificates/index.asp

Anyway the certificate file must be copied and installed on the mobile.
The Citrix Client works now on my Nokia N95Hello,

also had this Problem on a Nokia N95.
The solution is to import the Equifax Secure eBusiness CA-1 certificate into the mobile.
It`s possible to export the certificate as a *.cer file from IE on a Windows PC.
Linux user may download the certificate here: http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_certificates/index.asp

Anyway the certificate file must be copied and installed on the mobile.
The Citrix Client works now on my Nokia N95

hope that helps....i can feel yur pain and hope you get it fixed soon:D