Buying Online vs. at a VZ store

Doheny

Reaction score
I am going to take advantage of the Eris buy one, get one free deal. Is there any advantage to buying the phones online, vs. at a Verizon store? Are the packages (accessories) the same?

Thanks.

scajjr

Reaction score
Not really sure but check the deals. Does the buy-one, get one require you to activate both? Length of contract 1 or 2 years? Both require data plans so there's another $60/month minimum. Some deals are for new customers only too.

Sam

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am going to take advantage of the Eris buy one, get one free deal. Is there any advantage to buying the phones online, vs. at a Verizon store? Are the packages (accessories) the same?

Thanks.

The advantage to buying online is the rebates are instant. Not mail in. Also a lot of times you can get free activation when ordering online

jev

Reaction score
I bought my droid on Nov. 16th because I was up for an early upgrade and had to wait until today(Dec. 5) to upgrade the rest of my family's phones. I went to the store today and got my wife the Eris and was able to get it for free because I had just bought my Droid. Don't know if this applies to online but it worked in the store.

Mojo

Reaction score
Online you will save out of pocket money... but in the end you will still get the same prices (after mail in rebates) But you sacrifice being able to interact with a real person to ask questions and demo the phone to you. You also do not get to feel and hold the actual phone your getting. Ie.. inspect the phone for any damage or imperfections that could be caused by shipping. Online you do not get instant gratification of being able to make your purchase and use the phone as soon as the transaction is done. And most importantly you are not contributing to your local economy when you buy online. I would rather give my dollars to someone that will keep my money local. But thats just me :)

OP
D

Doheny

Reaction score
What chargers do you get when you buy on the store and buy online?

J-Buck

Reaction score
I like to buy in the store because i can usually convince them to give me free accessories with my purchase. Last time when i got my voyager i got them to throw in a car charger for free.

steelydan

Reaction score
Buying online worked fine for me and not having to mess with mail in rebates is NICE. Best buy also has the no mail-in rebate thing.

J-Buck

Reaction score
How did you convince them to give you free stuff lol?

I told them that i wanted the phone, but wouldn't get it if i had to buy the car charger separately then they threw it in. Some of the workers are assholes though so it all depends who u get. Just like when u take ur phone in to be replaced, if u get a nice person u dont have to pay the $50

jimmerz

Reaction score
I was in a store originally to get the Moto Droid. Played with both and ended up liking the Eris better. The buy one get one was on the moto then you can get an Eris for free (had to activate) and it was ONLY if you did the 2 yr contract. I always do 1 year and pay a little extra.

My sales guy told me that If I wanted the Eris for one year it would be $269. If I did 2 years I could get it for $99...so I went home, logged on and was able to get it for $129 - 1 year contract online with Free Overnight shipping?

Either way I am happy. I played with it in the store, then got a great deal on line.