buying a uses droid bionic

troy028

Reaction score
I want to know if you thinkers buying the droid bionic for 100 dollars with a cracked screen is worth it? It has a chip put in the top right if the phone n cracks down the right side of the phone then from the right to left side in the middle of the screen

t35rk

Reaction score
A good working clean esn Bionic is well worth $100. It's up to you if you want one with broken glass.

They are free at Verizon.com now BTW.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
A good working clean esn Bionic is well worth $100. It's up to you if you want one with broken glass.

They are free at Verizon.com now BTW.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Yea thats what im debating if i can deal with the cracked glass but i was thinking i could get the glass replaced. I wish i could get the bionic for free but i dont have an upgrade till September

Reaction score
It might be. It depends how easy it is to replace the screen. I know the OG DROID was cake to replace because I did it, but I remember when my mom broke her Samsung Galaxy it was very complicated and pricey so she just got a new phone. Just do some research on repair sites and see how much it would cost to fix

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally would never buy a phone, especially a touchscreen phone, with cracked glass. The only way I'd consider this option is if I know replacing it would be fairly inexpensive, but if it's a Bionic I'd rather just pay a little bit more to get a clean one. Besides the $100 + replacing the screen would probably end up being more expensive than a used good condition one.

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
It might be. It depends how easy it is to replace the screen. I know the OG DROID was cake to replace because I did it, but I remember when my mom broke her Samsung Galaxy it was very complicated and pricey so she just got a new phone. Just do some research on repair sites and see how much it would cost to fix

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
I most likely to take it to this store around my house n have them do it since they replace cell phone screens n when i asked if they could do the bionic screen n the guy showed me that he was replacing the screen n put it back together n that he'll charge me 25at dollars but i defiantly going to do some research

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
I most likely to take it to this store around my house n have them do it since they replace cell phone screens n when i asked if they could do the bionic screen n the guy showed me that he was replacing the screen n put it back together n that he'll charge me 25at dollars but i defiantly going to do some research
Is the $25 just for the labor or parts & labor? At $25, unless he got a bunch of free Bionic replacement screens, I wouldn't imagine he'd be in business too long charging that little:D

Reaction score
Replacing the OG DROID screen was only about $20... it must be a simple swap. Or he is using cheap parts

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Replacing the OG DROID screen was only about $20... it must be a simple swap. Or he is using cheap parts

That is dirt cheap. For the OEM screen too or some cheap brand?

I picked up an iPhone to use as a media device and just replacing the broken power button was going to cost me $60. Wasn't worth it so I just sold it.

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
I know him a little bit we chilled a couple times n he said he said he'll do it for that price for me n to get his name out there more but thats what he said

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
Its probably cheap part but if it would hold up till September then idc if its cheap n it works. I also know he cuts his own glass or however he does it

Reaction score
That is dirt cheap. For the OEM screen too or some cheap brand?

I picked up an iPhone to use as a media device and just replacing the broken power button was going to cost me $60. Wasn't worth it so I just sold it.

OEM. It was like a year after the phone came out though. And it was just the digitizer.

Of course the power button would cost that much. iPhones are made out of gold and baby kisses.

Reaction score
Its probably cheap part but if it would hold up till September then idc if its cheap n it works. I also know he cuts his own glass or however he does it

If he is telling you hr cuts his own glass he is lying. Or he is an idiot. Cell phones screens aren't just glass.

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
Ight cool then i'll just stick with my droid x untill it upgrade comes around