Buying a Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm not sure where to post this, but a friend found a thunderbolt on the ground the other day and is selling it. Im going to put my SIM card in it to see if it activates. I was just wondering, can someone report a 4g phone stolen and then it wont activate on the carrier? for the life of me i can only find the IMEI and to my knowledge you cant lock down an IMEI. Im not buying it until i at least put my sim from my charge in, but I wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge on this.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm not sure where to post this, but a friend found a thunderbolt on the ground the other day and is selling it. Im going to put my SIM card in it to see if it activates. I was just wondering, can someone report a 4g phone stolen and then it wont activate on the carrier? for the life of me i can only find the IMEI and to my knowledge you cant lock down an IMEI. Im not buying it until i at least put my sim from my charge in, but I wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge on this.

If someone lost the phone, and reports it stolen, then yes, the ESN (IMEI) will be bad. Also if it's still tied to an account, the ESN likely will be bad (or rather, not work elsewhere). However, the LTE phones are SIM based, so maybe that's wrong...

You can call VZW and have them check it for you, they might even be able to tell you what account it's tied to and get it back to the owner.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot post this here.

The phone should be turned in to Verizon.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

Status
Not open for further replies.