BusyBox won't install on .595

shreddinit

Reaction score
After searching through this forum and countless other forums, I can't seem to find a post about busybox not installing on the new .595 upgrade. Droid X Overclock can't install busybox, also I have two busybox installer apps from the market and they can't install either. I get the message "The application failed, either because your device is not nand unlocked or we were unable to remount. Please use logcat at this time."

I searched for logcat and got nothing, searched for nand unlock and still nothing. I tried to use Droid 2 Bootstrap to go into recovery to wipe the cache, but now it doesn't work. My phone reboots properly, just not into clockwork's recovery.

I upgraded .340 to .573, then from that to .595. I also have SetCPU, which I'm using to keep the phone running at 1Ghz. Last time I used Gingerbreak 1.2 for this problem and ended up in a bootloop and had to SBF back to stock.

Any ideas on how I can safely get busybox installed?

OP
S

shreddinit

Reaction score
That's they only way? A little disheartening, after going through three installs in the past day and a half. Guess I'll be going with the deodexed version, any guess why Droid 2 Bootstrapper isn't working on my phone?

Tried Droid X Bootstrap just to see if it would work, ended up in a bootloop, SBF back to 2.2, walked away from computer and came back to my phone sending itself through the setup process. Then I encountered multiple force closes from gmail and something to do with media. Currently SBF'ing again...

Last edited:

droidxchat

Reaction score
droid 2 bootstrap wouldnt work because you're not rooted. droid x bootstrap sent you to bootloop most likely becasue you have "usb debugging" checked under applications development. with gingerbread, that needs to be unchecked for droid x bootstrap to work properly, but even if it hadn't sent you to bootloop it wouldnt have worked anyway since you're not rooted.

i dont understand why you wouldnt want to use the doedexed/rooted version anyway

and fyi alogcat is a good logcat app to use but it wouldnt help you if you dont know what you're doing with it

Last edited:
OP
S

shreddinit

Reaction score
The reason why I was a little weary with the deodexed version is that the .591 deodexed made my phone horribly slow. And what happened to the keyboard in these new updates? .573's keyboard was fast and had the proper amount of vibration. I like .595's as it's fast, but I still miss the whole amount of vibration. I hope the Verizon version will have that fixed.

Also, thanks for the info on the Droid X Bootstrapper, it was worth a shot. All it did was get me more comfortable with SBF'ing. But I still don't know why my phone pushed itself through the Setup process when I wasn't even in the room, otherwise I wouldn't have had to SBF the second time.

alogcat? I was missing a letter, now I feel stupid...