Business Card OCR camera software

dean.collins

Reaction score
Is there some business card OCR software for Android?

I know i can sign up for www.Scanr.com (a per year ASP service-email them the photo they email but the VCF file)

Or for the iPhone there is an app whish has a one off price to do the same - CardSnap – Business, Reviews – 148Apps – iPhone App and Game Reviews and News (turn around 24 hours).

But i was hoping for something liek the HTC touch Pro 2 app that uses the onboard cpu to do the OCR (at least i think thats what they do).

Do you know of any?

(Or do you know if CardSnap has an Android version coming?)

Last edited:

ei8htohms

Reaction score
I was just looking for the same thing, but without any Droid compatible results yet.

There is a BizCardReader app that comes with some of the hacked Hero ROMs that folks are flashing to their G1s, but it's apparently integrated with the HTC camera app and HTC framework (both from the Hero ROMs) and doesn't work on the Droid (yet).

Zippster

Reaction score
This would be a GREAT app and I had thought about looking for one, but didnt get beyond the thinking about looking stage yet. Hopefully somebody knows something about one.

sir

Reaction score
this would be huge for the business-type. but i'd take it a step further....document OCR for scanning full-page documents.