Burned By eBay

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know there is a lot of truth about buyer beware and who you purchase from on ebay.

I bought two wall chargers on ebay, I think it was 10.00 with shipping. I was in a hurry so I didn't notice they were coming from China.

When I got my receipt is when I spotted the 10-18 day shipping. Then I also noticed it was coming from China.

OK, I can wait so long as they work.

They arrived day before yesterday. Took 16 days to get here. Put the battery in and the charger turned blue. Since no instructions were provided I figured it was OK.

Then I got the second charger and it turned red. Now this made sense to me, power charge on Red and when completed blue. I sent the guy an email and asked what's up with the lighting. He gave me a ridiculous answer saying they change colors and when it turns green you are done.

Not quite how it works. When it turns blue it's done.

I didn't realize that though so I kept the battery in the charger 24 hours and when I pulled it out it showed a charge of 20%. I immediately sent the guy a note detailing the condition of the chargers and that they didn't seem to be working properly.

Here's the answer I got back:

hello dear, do you mean there's 1pcs wall charger not work? just no worries, let's make sure what's trouble. kindly try write shorter email and speaker clearly. many thanks

Hello dear???? OMG.... Speak clearly? I detailed the problem for you....

Well, it's a 10.00 lesson. I found the chargers even cheaper with free shipping from a guy with a higher rating in Brooklyn. Thinking about buying them but they look exactly like the ones that came from China. Don't know if I want to gamble again.

I could go through paypal and all that but it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle over 10.00.

Buyer beware. I'll still buy off ebay but I'll pay a bit more attention next time.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hooky hooky hooky,

Please dear, try to detail problem with your post. That way rescue squad can assist you.

Hehehe.

Yeah, the stuff is cheap, but so is the support. :)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont by from the guy in Brooklyn...
Its the same Chinese junk...
Made that mistake before

Well where in the flock do you get these wall chargers at for spare battery? I can't find them in Amazon or in Verizon?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know they have them on amazon, remember to search for cliq chargers because thay use the same battery

Well, I did find one but it came in a complete kit for 16.00 with a car charger and all. But the wall charger looks just like the one from China. I don't know.

I'm stupid, I'm gonna try the guy in Brooklyn. One of the chargers I bought is working correctly, maybe 1 of the 2 I buy from him might too.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hello dear hook, I'm going to type this slow because I know you can't read fast. :)

When it comes to chargers, I think the best thing to do is spend the price to get the VZW branded ones or you really could mess up your phone if not because of wrong voltages. If you have a corporate discount on your VZW plan, you might get a discount off the full price anyway. My corporate discound gives me 25% off of accesories. So, my dear Hook, I'd really stay away from OEM chargers for the sake of your phone.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hello dear hook, I'm going to type this slow because I know you can't read fast. :)

When it comes to chargers, I think the best thing to do is spend the price to get the VZW branded ones or you really could mess up your phone if not because of wrong voltages. If you have a corporate discount on your VZW plan, you might get a discount off the full price anyway. My corporate discound gives me 25% off of accesories. So, my dear Hook, I'd really stay away from OEM chargers for the sake of your phone.

Just my 2 cents.

These chargers are made for the battery only. Not the Droid. And it is specifically for the A855, it's listed.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i picked up a spare battery and independant charger with a wall plug from verizon the other day...don't know why you can't find one. maybe call a different verizon?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i picked up a spare battery and independant charger with a wall plug from verizon the other day...don't know why you can't find one. maybe call a different verizon?

Call? Who Calls?

I'm looking on line and I can't find it. Do you have a part number I can reference?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Call? Who Calls?

I'm looking on line and I can't find it. Do you have a part number I can reference?

It's easy hook, you hit that little phone lookig icon on the droid .... then punch in some numbers at random. :)