Burned By eBay

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i picked up a spare battery and independant charger with a wall plug from verizon the other day...don't know why you can't find one. maybe call a different verizon?

Call? Who Calls?

I'm looking on line and I can't find it. Do you have a part number I can reference?

It's easy hook, you hit that little phone lookig icon on the droid .... then punch in some numbers at random. :)

Our droids make phone calls:icon_eek:??

Banyon

Reaction score
Call? Who Calls?

I'm looking on line and I can't find it. Do you have a part number I can reference?

It's easy hook, you hit that little phone lookig icon on the droid .... then punch in some numbers at random. :)

Our droids make phone calls:icon_eek:??

Lol, yes, this isnt the iPhone where you have to wait till the second or third generation to make phone calls and send picture messages.

I have gotten some very cheap accessories for droid, but considering how cheap they are on Amazon, I suggest going through them instead of e-bay. I got a data cable for .99 plus 2 shipping, a car charger for 1.25 plus 2 shipping, almost everything I've purchased so far has been under 10 a peice. I suggest always looking for the term Motorola OEM, Verizon tells you not to use them, and they don't support them, but thats because verizon wants you to buy the $25 dollar car charger from them, not the $3 OEM that amazon sells.

SL-1200

Reaction score
I picked up a stand alone battery charger from Verizon. The product number was P323 (OEM Motes) and it comes with a micro usb charger to plug it into. It was around $21.

Detonation

Reaction score
I could go through paypal and all that but it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle over 10.00.

$10 is $10. I'd file the complaint. What's the worst that can happen...you don't get your $10 back and you're in the same place you are now?

Have you tried the monoprice chargers? USB Converters
I can't tell you how well they'll work as far as charge speed and making the screen go crazy (reviews go both ways) but monoprice has great products for the price with very reasonable shipping (especially when buying numerous things) and some of the best customer service I've seen.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I got a cheap one at K mart.. was like $4 and worked fine.. also oddlots sells them. I did kinda the same thing, ordered a polo hat from ebay, after 2 weeks and it didnt come, I looked at the receipt and saw it was coming from S Korea.. oh well..at least it worked :D

MJ5150

Reaction score
Maybe it would be more appropriate to say "Burned by a seller on eBay" since this isn't eBays fault.

Although I fail to see how you have been burned. It looks like they are willing to help you resolve the matter.

-Mike

Rouxdy

Reaction score
I got one of those chargers with a battery in yesterday. From what I can tell, it only chargers the knock offs... it doesn't appear to work with the OEM battery but it charges the ones they sell.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could go through paypal and all that but it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle over 10.00.

$10 is $10. I'd file the complaint. What's the worst that can happen...you don't get your $10 back and you're in the same place you are now?

Have you tried the monoprice chargers? USB Converters
I can't tell you how well they'll work as far as charge speed and making the screen go crazy (reviews go both ways) but monoprice has great products for the price with very reasonable shipping (especially when buying numerous things) and some of the best customer service I've seen.

No, but I thought about monoprice. I'll bet they have them there.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: I managed to get both chargers working. Now I have two more on the way.

I had to fiddle around with the battery to get it to recognized it needed a charge. Hopefully these other chargers are different. If not I'll do a paypal complaint on both people and get my 20.00 back.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it would be more appropriate to say "Burned by a seller on eBay" since this isn't eBays fault.

Although I fail to see how you have been burned. It looks like they are willing to help you resolve the matter.

-Mike

Yeah, true.....But the shipper wants me to pay shipping charges back to China and then back again to US. That's where it becomes a hassle.

Rouxdy

Reaction score

I had to fiddle around with the battery to get it to recognized it needed a charge. Hopefully these other chargers are different. If not I'll do a paypal complaint on both people and get my 20.00 back.

Can you explain what you did?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I bought a docking station on Ebay for my laptop about 3 months ago.
100% New and Working. Paid $80 - No returns or Refunds

Dock showed DOA

Seller and Ebay said tough cookies as it was listed No returns or refunds

Paypal sided with me and I returned the Dock and got my $80 back...

Ebay used to be good, but they sux now.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I still don't think you were burned. First off you do have the option of returning them. But further more you paid $20 for two chargers. If only one worked it cost you $20 for one working charger. Which still is an average price for a battery charger.

I have pulled the short straw a few times when trying to get an item on eBay. Whether it was to cheap out or I was impatient and didn't want to wait for retailers to get additional stock of an item. Most recently was a 32GB micro SD card I picked up off of eBay for $50. I knew it was coming from Hong Kong so I didn't put too much faith in it working. Fortunately for my sake it did work, but I hoped for the best and expected the worst so I didn't feel like I got burned. When purchasing a knock off from eBay you have to have that attitude.

As you said eBay is a very buyer beware site. But in this particular situation I think you still made out well regardless of the initial charger not working. Unless the auction was for a Verizon OEM charger. If the seller was advertising an OEM product and sent you a knock off, then you have every right to complain.

Good luck!

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't think you were burned. First off you do have the option of returning them. But further more you paid $20 for two chargers. If only one worked it cost you $20 for one working charger. Which still is an average price for a battery charger.

I have pulled the short straw a few times when trying to get an item on eBay. Whether it was to cheap out or I was impatient and didn't want to wait for retailers to get additional stock of an item. Most recently was a 32GB micro SD card I picked up off of eBay for $50. I knew it was coming from Hong Kong so I didn't put too much faith in it working. Fortunately for my sake it did work, but I hoped for the best and expected the worst so I didn't feel like I got burned. When purchasing a knock off from eBay you have to have that attitude.

As you said eBay is a very buyer beware site. But in this particular situation I think you still made out well regardless of the initial charger not working. Unless the auction was for a Verizon OEM charger. If the seller was advertising an OEM product and sent you a knock off, then you have every right to complain.

Good luck!

Well, first the 2 chargers cost me less then 10.00 shipping included and they were advertised as Motorola Chargers. The only thing Motorola about them was a very well placed sticker that said for A855.

Now if I get ripped off on this guy I'm buying from Brooklyn then it's another story. We will see.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can you explain what you did?

Kid of hard to explain. I noticed when I put the batteries in for a quick second the light turned red but went back to blue. Then I just kind of fiddled around with the battery in the charger until the red light stayed solid. Once this happened the light stayed blue until the battery was completely charged and then the light turned blue again.