BUGS!!! Which ones have infested yours?

Smity

Reaction score
15 times in a row omg :icon_evil:! I dont even think mine ever has said droid since I booted it up from the first time i got it.

Daywalker

Reaction score
The only bug I've seen (so far, anyway) other than the phone is that it has said "Droid" maybe 15 times in a row. This has happened twice so far.
I had that but then when I looked into it I had pile of texts and emails that all came at once.:motdroidvert:

Then everyone wanted to come see my phone at work

Chief

Reaction score
I got the Droid the first day it came out (my first smartphone) and the first week was awesome as I experienced no problems. But then I saw how the time on the upper right would stop updating and not be the same as a clock widget I was using (or vice versa). I also began experiencing dialer problems and couldn't dial out but could receive phone calls. After reseting the phone and still having problems, I went to a Verizon store a week ago to have them look at it. Over an hour later after leaving, the time in the upper right again stopped so I went back there and got a new phone. I later realized it probably wasn't the phone but the clock apps (both widgets and digital clocks) I had installed that caused the phone clock to be wrong several times as I think it started when I switched from the 24 Clock widget to something else and reading some reviews after the exchange. However on Saturday I again experienced several problems with the dialer and couldn't dial out (however I could when I installed SuperDial), the time again stopped, and it would lock up as I couldn't even use the Power Control widget and I believe the Market app. But now realizing that these apps can probably cause problems for the phone, I uninstalled the apps I installed Friday night. I was ready to return this phone and go back to my old phone LG VX9400 or get an iphone. But for the past couple of days, I have had no problems and I like the fact there is a keyboard and love the 5MB camera (took some great pictures of the beach erosion here on LI last week). Just hoping and waiting for apps that the iphone has to come onto the Android platform.

TomN

Reaction score
All the problems I've had so far I've been able to attribute to various apps that I've installed. Besides those problems everything has been going pretty well.

azkabat

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread.... Took the my Droid out of my pocket (with about an 80% charge left) and it was completely unresponsive - screen, buttons...nothing worked, screen was black. Thought the battery had died (which I thought was strange cuz I had just checked it about 20 min prior). So I took it home and plugged it into power and noticed that the white indicator light for the usb charger was not turning on - WTF? - so I pulled the battery. Afterwards the phone was fine....

A day later all of my apps weren't launching right. For example, I would try and launch my messages and the phone would launch the Android Market (mind you the the market icon and the message icon are on two seperate panels!) or I would launch the dialer and the phone would launch the browser.

Today the phone decided that my volume "high" setting would be the "low" setting. The "ringer volume" bar is maxed out, the "media volume" is maxed out but in both instances the sound is very low.

I guess that's my list...for now

WJReeds

Reaction score
Well at least I'm not the only one with the volume bug!

I thought I had screwed up some setting but I finally decided to reboot and it came back to normal.

The other bug I have encountered is that since I got my droid I seem to waste a lot of time messing with it! I call it the time eater bug

JaxxBirds

Reaction score
I from day one when I click on the message icon it is almost as if it is froze up.
Then after about 30 seconds it comes up and says something like Activity warning is not responding force close or wait, if I say wait it then opens as if nothing was wrong.

I get that alot on calls as well, and I have NOTHING installed on my phone, I got my phone the day it came out, was 2nd person to buy at our verizon store and this has happened since the first txt I got.
I have had to restart it 2 times, for freezing of the home screen.
Anyne else?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
The only bug that has been pissing me off is for some reason mine likes to just randomly delete all my sms texts. I have the limit turned off and I'm well under my memory usage so I'm not sure whats going on yet.

Oh, also right after this happens if I get 2 incoming texts at the same time the actual body of the message will appear under the other persons name. For example Joe and Jim text at the same time. Joe's msg is under Jim's name, a simple reboot fixes the issue but still very odd.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
REMEMBER:

Don't use any charger other than the OEM Motorola charger. Any aftermarket chargers or other micro USB chargers not specific for the DROID WILL cause problems with you device. It's been brought up a ton. Do a search and see... might help some of you problems.

mwinne

Reaction score
REMEMBER:

Don't use any charger other than the OEM Motorola charger. Any aftermarket chargers or other micro USB chargers not specific for the DROID WILL cause problems with you device. It's been brought up a ton. Do a search and see... might help some of you problems.

Does this go for the charges that you get at Verizon as well? I haven't used either the wall charger, or the car charger, are they ok to use with the droid?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The only bug that has been pissing me off is for some reason mine likes to just randomly delete all my sms texts. I have the limit turned off and I'm well under my memory usage so I'm not sure whats going on yet.

Oh, also right after this happens if I get 2 incoming texts at the same time the actual body of the message will appear under the other persons name. For example Joe and Jim text at the same time. Joe's msg is under Jim's name, a simple reboot fixes the issue but still very odd.
just shows up that way. don't worry. When you respond back it will go to the appropriate person.

Happened to me a couple times. No need to reboot.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
REMEMBER:

Does this go for the charges that you get at Verizon as well? I haven't used either the wall charger, or the car charger, are they ok to use with the droid?

I believe so. I use the car charger sent to me by Verizon with no issues. I guess it's just the aftermarket micro usb charges. Since it's micro USB it's not necessarily 'phone specific' to get a micro USB charger... however the voltage or amperage (i can't remember which) may have slight differences, like I know the BB Storm micro USB is 50ma or mv diff than the DROID and has caused problems. Just make sure it's for a MotoDROID. Not just a generic Micro USB.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Come on Dan, there are issues with the phone and Verizon/Google has admitted it and are going to push a update Dec.11, not all issues will be solved and im sure that there will be a more people that will have different issues than what is being patched on Dec.11

There's going to be issues. The Droid isn't a basic phone, it's a real handheld PC running a real operating system. It just happens to have a phone built in as well. Just be happy there's going to BE a Dec. 11 update. As a former BlackBerry Storm user, I had to put up with a device that ran a subpar OS for most of its life. And the latest update doesn't even bring the OS close to the level of the Droid, IMHO.