Bubble wrap apps... I think I have a copyright problem

OpalCat

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been running the Original Virtual Bubble Wrap Website since 1996 (at first as part of my homepage, later as its own domain). The site is here: http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com

Anyway, I have two favors to ask and then would like some advice...

Favor 1: can anyone who has one of the current Bubble Wrap apps look at it and tell me if it uses the same graphics that my web-based game does? From the icon in the Marketplace it looks like at least two of them do. I make most of my money from the Google ads on that site and so I have to rather vigorously protect my intellectual property rights on those graphics (I've won large cash settlements over this before--it's a big deal to me). I don't want to pay for them though if I can get someone who already has them to check for me. The way to check is first to note the color, then to note the patterns of reflection compared to the game here (Click for the larger bubble size to make it easier to see.)

Favor 2: I know the iPhone app was using my graphics, and my attorney sent them a C&D and they claim to have fixed it, but nobody I know has an iPhone so I can't check--does anyone have access to one that can check for me?

Ok now for the advice...
I'd like to have my own app, probably free and ad-supported, but I have no idea how to do such a thing, so I'd need someone to do the programming for me. Or I may be willing to work with one of the existing apps' creators to share an app and split the money--my site gets about 30,000 visitors per month so there are a lot of eyeballs on it. It's also frequently mentioned in the media, like newspapers, major magazines, and even things like Good Morning America.

Anyway what I'd want to do is have the bubble popping, obviously. (Can you program multitouch into something like that? If so that would be awesome!) I'd also want a way to tie the high scores to the website so that you could post your time there and visitors to the website could see it. Also like a way to have on the website "X people currently popping via mobile" the way that it currently says how many are popping on the site (which I've seen as low as 3 and as high as several hundred.)

I'm willing to cut the developer in financially. Does anyone know anyone who would be interested in (and capable of) such a project?

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
(By the way, I just posted a bubble wrap wallpaper in my gallery if anyone wants it :))

Edit: Ack! it seems to have appeared in both member gallery and "Droid wallpaper" which I don't want--can I edit that??

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow very nice gallery you have going on there opal :D

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
What, all two pics? LOL
I plan on making some more wallpapers to share. I'm a painter/sculptor and have an art degree, have been a graphic/web designer freelancing for about 12 years... so I figure I should be able to come up with some cool stuff when I get a little time.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh lol maybe i clicked on something else!! :rofl3: there was 14 pages and i thought they were all yours. shows how much i pay attention to galleries eh? lol

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
Well, I have a massive general gallery here and my art gallery here if you're the sort to like perusing galleries for fun :)