Anyone have a Droid with the BUBBLED keypads..

Reaction score
That are looking to sell thier Droid, pm me, I would be interested in buying. I bought my current Droid in mid-January and when I compared my phone to a friend of mine who bought his the day it came out, I noticed that his keypads had a bubble design to them which made typing a lot easier, whereas my Droid has flat keys. So since that was the "1st gen" Droids releashed during opening month, Verizon doesn't sell those anymore so I am looking to find someone who does have a Droid with those type of keypads that is either looking to sell thier phone or willing to sell it, or better yet a trade.

For more information, check out this thread @ howardforums that explains both types.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's not a design. Mine started flat and bubbled with use. More or less it becomes unattached from the actual hard keypad. When i got my third droid, I took pics of the day I got it. It was perfectly flat and now its more bubbly after a few weeks.

Or if you really think there is a difference, hope that something goes wrong with your droid and you can get a replacement. It'll be a refurb and an older one. Have you checked your build code with your friends? Or with some older posts? Chances are yours was made around the same time as the ones that came out in Nov.

OP
P
Reaction score
it is a significant difference between the 2. my build date is 45/09. so i guess im looking for someone with a build date of 39/09 (if someone doesn't know where to find it, its where your model/serial #'s are located).

i thought about taking it in for a replacement but who knows how many phones i would go through just to get the one i'm looking for, i figured it'd be better to just ask on the forums.

baniels

Reaction score
It certainly IS a design. There are two types of keyboards out there with obvious design/manufacturing differences.

See this thread.

It's not a design. Mine started flat and bubbled with use. More or less it becomes unattached from the actual hard keypad. When i got my third droid, I took pics of the day I got it. It was perfectly flat and now its more bubbly after a few weeks.

Or if you really think there is a difference, hope that something goes wrong with your droid and you can get a replacement. It'll be a refurb and an older one. Have you checked your build code with your friends? Or with some older posts? Chances are yours was made around the same time as the ones that came out in Nov.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ah ok, mine were a 41 and 43 respectively. The one I have now is a 42. I will try to share some pics later when im back around my camera that has the pics at home.

I even made a post a while back with all of the changes between my first ans second phone. It was like night and day.

cisco0910

Reaction score
That are looking to sell thier Droid, pm me, I would be interested in buying. I bought my current Droid in mid-January and when I compared my phone to a friend of mine who bought his the day it came out, I noticed that his keypads had a bubble design to them which made typing a lot easier, whereas my Droid has flat keys. So since that was the "1st gen" Droids releashed during opening month, Verizon doesn't sell those anymore so I am looking to find someone who does have a Droid with those type of keypads that is either looking to sell thier phone or willing to sell it, or better yet a trade.

For more information, check out this thread @ howardforums that explains both types.
somebody need to post some pictures of this new keyboard. I've seen numerous threads about it. ABout them peeling and the old ones are better, etc.. I've had my Droid since November so i'm pretty sure i don't have the "new" style keyboard...

kaboyd

Reaction score
I've seen a pic of some Droid side by side and there is a huge difference. I believe the keyboard with the bubble keys is a first design but the last pic I've seen was supposedly of a 42/09 Droid and it had the bubble keyboard. I had a 43/09 Droid with a perfectly flat keyboard and due to a warranty replacement I now have a 05/10 model with the same flat keyboard. I am seriously depressed this flawed design is what Motorola is sticking with. It's just not in the cards for me to have that better designed keyboard