Browser won't open in home page

casasf

Reaction score
Hi all, every time I open my browser it opens to the previous page I was looking at instead of the home page I set it to in the browser settings menu (google). Very annoying. What gives? How to fix? Cheers.

Humpa

Reaction score
Hi all, every time I open my browser it opens to the previous page I was looking at instead of the home page I set it to in the browser settings menu (google). Very annoying. What gives? How to fix? Cheers.
If the browser is running still and you go back to it, it will be on the same page it was when you left.

If you close the browser, then it will go to the home page next time you open it.

In Android, if you are in an app and hit the "home" key, the app doesn't close (well, some will - like some games and whatever). Android just leaves the app "sitting" there in case you need it again. No reason to kill it unless it needs the resources/memory allocation, or is running low.
Some apps have a specific way that you can close them, or hitting the "back" key until you are out of the app is another way to "exit". With the browser, sometimes you would have to hit "back" too many times for that to be worthwhile. Some browsers have a menu option to "exit". Or you can use a task killer to kill the browser. Or you could always put a shortcut to your homepage right on your homescreens.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the browser never closed. If you use Dolphin HD or xScope, they have an exit button plus other features like tabs and the ability to set user agent to computer/desktop so you don't have to deal with mobile versions of web sites.

OP
C

casasf

Reaction score
How to make browser shortcut (google) for home screen?

OK, but how do I make a shortcut for my browser for my home screen? Sorry, newbie morphed over from BB...thanks!

If the browser is running still and you go back to it, it will be on the same page it was when you left.

If you close the browser, then it will go to the home page next time you open it.

In Android, if you are in an app and hit the "home" key, the app doesn't close (well, some will - like some games and whatever). Android just leaves the app "sitting" there in case you need it again. No reason to kill it unless it needs the resources/memory allocation, or is running low.
Some apps have a specific way that you can close them, or hitting the "back" key until you are out of the app is another way to "exit". With the browser, sometimes you would have to hit "back" too many times for that to be worthwhile. Some browsers have a menu option to "exit". Or you can use a task killer to kill the browser. Or you could always put a shortcut to your homepage right on your homescreens.

Humpa

Reaction score
OK, but how do I make a shortcut for my browser for my home screen? Sorry, newbie morphed over from BB...thanks!

Longpress on homescreen.
Select Shortcut.
Select Bookmark (and choose appropriate bookmark)

There are other ways, as well. Like various widgets (like a bookmark widget).