Browser Settings

mike dx

Reaction score
My website settings pick is greyed out and hence cannot open to see what's there. Its the one you pick from the browser: menu key, Settings, scroll down to advanced settings, website settings is the first pick.

Was told I could prevent the browser from using/ opening/ reverting to mobile sites there.... would stay on the main http site.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

michael101108

Reaction score
hmmm. same here. never noticed it before i installed gb. are you stock 2.2.1 or what?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try using a different browser like dolphin browser that browser allows u to view pages as if u were on a desktop an android phone an iphone and a few others i keep mine set to desktop and it has a lot of other great features so i recommend u give dolphin browser a look

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

mike dx

Reaction score
Totally stock...only 2 months old. Just started doing this. Have not added any apps, etc. frustrating.

grace1169

Reaction score
Try using a different browser like dolphin browser that browser allows u to view pages as if u were on a desktop an android phone an iphone and a few others i keep mine set to desktop and it has a lot of other great features so i recommend u give dolphin browser a look

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You mean that Dolphin Browser can install on iphone. As far, I just heard that Dolphin Browser for Android. Anyway Dolphin Browser is good and provide features to allow you to view page as on a desktop.:icon_ banana:

Graymayre

Reaction score
What he meant was that it acts as though you are on an iPhone or desktop. The website identifies your phone as whatever you select, so if you don't want to go to the mobile site every time you go online, you can select desktop. Or if you want to see the iPhone version of mobile sites you can do that. Alot of websites support different mobile versions for each.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

mike dx

Reaction score
Still looking for a solution. Wifes dc has the pick available.....bought the same time as mine.

I did get dolphin mini and works well. Would like to solve the issue with the stock browser, though.

grace1169

Reaction score
What he meant was that it acts as though you are on an iPhone or desktop. The website identifies your phone as whatever you select, so if you don't want to go to the mobile site every time you go online, you can select desktop. Or if you want to see the iPhone version of mobile sites you can do that. Alot of websites support different mobile versions for each.

Got it. Thanks. Just as you said, i tried in several websites. there are different mobile version--Android Desktop iphone and ipad. It need to be set. I am wondering it is true that many website and browser just set Android as default?

grace1169

Reaction score
Still looking for a solution. Wifes dc has the pick available.....bought the same time as mine.

I did get dolphin mini and works well. Would like to solve the issue with the stock browser, though.

Since you can work well with Dolphin Browser Mini, why are you so insist on stock browser?

Irgig

Reaction score
In the browser url put in "about:debug" without the quotes. Then go to your settings.under the advanced section you should see a bunch of new settings. The bottom option allows you to set the browser to a desktop only mode plus one or two more if my memory is correct.

Irgig

Reaction score
UAString is the option you are looking for. You can set it ti the different options. Android, desktop, or Iphone. Just went and checked out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score

Got it. Thanks. Just as you said, i tried in several websites. there are different mobile version--Android Desktop iphone and ipad. It need to be set. I am wondering it is true that many website and browser just set Android as default?

Yes, they are always set for Android as default.
Not sure on this, though I think Opera is an exception. I think they condense a site into their own mobile version before it is delivered to your device. That is what they say it does, anyway. Nonetheless, I don't like Opera because its ugly and not to functional.

grace1169

Reaction score

Yes, they are always set for Android as default.
Not sure on this, though I think Opera is an exception. I think they condense a site into their own mobile version before it is delivered to your device. That is what they say it does, anyway. Nonetheless, I don't like Opera because its ugly and not to functional.

I don't like Opera either. I like Dolphin Mini. It is faster and simple. Do not into HD that much. I do not need so many add ons.